Spandex and Spam

Started by Bluesberry, January 24, 2023, 12:52:04 PM

Ted

Quote from: Ted on January 25, 2023, 11:48:05 AMmaybe in a couple of weeks I'll get to hear it uninterrupted

My connection is good today! I heard it all the way through, uninterrupted, several times. This one is going to stick with me. The first organ chord reminded me Squeeze, but I couldn't tell you which song. It's just a darn good song: good movement from verse to chorus, a great bridge, great playing.

Here's a spandex story I wrote down back when I was an "internet-famous" bike blogger:

Quote from: TedYears ago, I was heading into Jacksonville Beach, FL on my bike. There was a really dangerous looking bridge with no bike lane or sidewalk.

I nonchalantly entered a Harley shop on the west side of the bridge. I wanted to ask the owner of the pickup truck out front if he would be so kind as to carry my bike and me to the other side of the bridge.

None of the bearded and tattooed gentlemen would even talk to me. Then I realized why: I was wearing spandex cycling knickers.

I went to the bait shop next door and asked to use their bathroom. I changed into my jeans, then went back into the Harley shop. It was as if I'd taken off my invisibility cloak.

Lesson Learned: Spandex is a social barrier.

The pickup owner carried me over the bridge. I gave him a dollar for gas. And I was on my way to being tormented by raccoons all night. But that's another story.

https://www.campfirecycling.com/blog/2011/05/01/its-bike-month-get-out-there-and-proselytize
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on January 27, 2023, 09:26:55 AM
Quote from: Ted on January 25, 2023, 11:48:05 AMmaybe in a couple of weeks I'll get to hear it uninterrupted

My connection is good today! I heard it all the way through, uninterrupted, several times. This one is going to stick with me. The first organ chord reminded me Squeeze, but I couldn't tell you which song. It's just a darn good song: good movement from verse to chorus, a great bridge, great playing.

Here's a spandex story I wrote down back when I was an "internet-famous" bike blogger:

Quote from: TedYears ago, I was heading into Jacksonville Beach, FL on my bike. There was a really dangerous looking bridge with no bike lane or sidewalk.

I nonchalantly entered a Harley shop on the west side of the bridge. I wanted to ask the owner of the pickup truck out front if he would be so kind as to carry my bike and me to the other side of the bridge.

None of the bearded and tattooed gentlemen would even talk to me. Then I realized why: I was wearing spandex cycling knickers.

I went to the bait shop next door and asked to use their bathroom. I changed into my jeans, then went back into the Harley shop. It was as if I'd taken off my invisibility cloak.

Lesson Learned: Spandex is a social barrier.

The pickup owner carried me over the bridge. I gave him a dollar for gas. And I was on my way to being tormented by raccoons all night. But that's another story.

https://www.campfirecycling.com/blog/2011/05/01/its-bike-month-get-out-there-and-proselytize

this story is so darned good man... and ain't that how humans can be?  at least you didnt give up and you figured out how to get across...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

This was such a fun song to contribute on. The lyrics are good fun but musically it's a great track. Melodies, chords, bridges, solo...it's all there. Long live Spandex and long live Spam!

Bluesberry

Thanks everyone....this song was a shit ton of fun to put together and it is nice to get a song up on here again......makes me feel like I am participating in the madness once again......thanks for listening.....the icing on the spam flavoured cake for me was getting my son to help out with his ridiculously awesome bass playing....which really lifts the song ...it's great to have a pro level bass player in the house who doesn't charge a lot.....just feed him and he is good to go...lol.........gotta get the next one finished up now.........cheers

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Had to come back to the bottom of the latest list one more time before this one gets lost into the sea of digital storage for a time.. times.. and half a time!   :P

spandex and spam are making me a man!

golly this sounds like Iron Horse...lol... it is so fun and good... those guitars man! 
and since this song I have had the courage once again to wear spandex out to the gym... like a Peter Pan along with my bright yellow saucony's and wife beater shirts, a real throwback... just look em in the eyes and smile with love!  that is what this song does... it brings out the love!

but that lead at the end is just so awe sum man

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I think this song has become a cultural event. In the following months we'll be cathering around this song like we would do around the campfire while burning our Spandex.

The craziest among us will bring marshmallows.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

launched

Ain't nobody going to cut up my spandex, they are in for a fight!!! They can't mess with my stretchy goodness, it is just so awesome
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Zoltan

Quote from: launched on February 03, 2023, 12:42:22 PMAin't nobody going to cut up my spandex, they are in for a fight!!! They can't mess with my stretchy goodness, it is just so awesome

I'm sure the sensation will wear thin. At that point they'll be see thru Spandex and only the brave few will still wear them (I'm guessing Bluesberry is among those).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper