Spandex and Spam

Started by Bluesberry, January 24, 2023, 12:52:04 PM

Redler

Nice to hear new music from you! Nice and catchy, my toe is tapping on the floor.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

It's great to hear you again. It sounds wonderful, what I've heard. The bass is wicked – and a bit low in the mix. Truthfully, I haven't heard the whole thing yet. My Madagascar Internet is giving me a hard time. It's been:

I wear my spandex from morning till night / I've never felt an embrace... buffering... buffering... this tight / A fabric can't be wrong when... buffering... buffering...

But it is good to hear from you again, albeit chopped up into many small pieces. I clicked download, so maybe in a couple of weeks I'll get to hear it uninterrupted.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SE

Blueberry just magic, love your tunes, giving it the big one.
Cool stuff excellent!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

Great to hear another one from you, BB - and back in spandex-covered glory!

Great balance to the mix, and really digging the guitars and keys which are a perfect platform for your vocals. And holy Middle 8! This is some serious songwriting skill.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Frank53

Awesome tune, Dave! An appreciation of the simple things in life.
Excellent lyrics, and the instrumentation sounds great.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

kenny mac

This is a great composition,the melody of those guitars drag you in.
Bang on with every cymbal crash,tight as a drum.
I don't own any spandex, never got to that level but I have friends who did ,much to my laughter.
An excellent tune,that lead with the bass dancing around it is excellent  almost santana in places, excellent

launched

Had to grab another slice of this badboy. Yes, the bass is killer!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

chapperz66

Brilliant BB!  Nothing wrong with spandex, although I'm not too keen on spam, if I'm honest.

Love this.

Paul

Ron D Bowes

Fun lyrics and the kb sound is cool. Like Pete - I have eaten Spam but never worn spandex, though I did wear a satin yellow jacket in one band back in the day! Cool track, good bridge. Much enjoyed ;-)

StephenM

You have to be really, really good to write music and lyrics this good...seriously, I am with Tim, this music is so outstanding.  There is so much in hear.  I flies in a lot of directions musically.  that lead is excellent and reminds me of the late 60's early 70's bands that were so good...
what model Gibson Les Paul do you have? 
I really like the way you recorded and panned the rhythm guitars.  The bass sounds great Keith.  In these headphones at low volume it does sound a bit weak, but most songs do with these... so I can't really say until I hear again on my ref monitors.  Some cool bass riffs though when it gets to the guitar pauses...
I love me some bass!
The thing about the lyrics is, you have to either be really clever off the cuff or just really detail oriented to make this all fit together so well lyrically...
but as the theme runs along it's like your brain goes into a complete different wave... That thing about blame and then that sort of bridge after.... it's a whole different song... that is so cool...
I doubt any producer, making a commercial track would ever allow that.. and this is what I love about home recording... you get amazing songs like this...
You know what you're doing man
I stand and cheer!

hearing again, that lead sort of reminds me of Hotel California played by Neil Young (which Keith's bass lines help that as well)  ...wicked stuff

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner