Spandex and Spam

Started by Bluesberry, January 24, 2023, 12:52:04 PM

Bluesberry

Spandex and Spam
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

New gear fest: Sure MVi (audio Interface), Sure MV51 (USB condenser mic)

Well I finally got a song off the machine...feels good...all this talk about spandex lately (lol) gave me inspiration...thanks to Mark (Launched) for starting the whole spandex thing back on New Years Eve Eve.....I felt inspired to write a song about spandex, and added in spam (the canned meat) for good measure...everything was recorded straight into the iPad into Garageband using my two new Sure devices...Keith helped out with the wicked good bass and some extra keys...I am happy with my new gear for sure, super nice and portable recording set up for me, the devices are powered from the iPad which makes things easy, plug and play.....enjoy

Spandex and Spam
Song written and performed by Dave Berry, bass and additional keys from Keith Berry
Dave: Vocals, Epiphone SG (right side), Fender Stratocaster (left side), Gibson Les Paul (solo), Seagul acoustic, GB drums and keys
Keith: Bass guitar, Keys played on Korg EPiano.
recorded, mixed, mastered on Garageband using Sure MVi (electric guitars, bass, EPiano), Sure MV51 (acoustic guitar and vocals)
Spandex and Spam
its big in Japan
I open the can
and gaze at the wonderous sight
Out with my buds
I'm downing the suds
and rocking my duds
My shiny trousers so tight

I wear my spandex from morning till night
I've never felt an embrace this tight
A fabric can't be wrong when it feels this right
I'm lit up like the sun, I'm out of sight
I can't live without my spandex and spam
Spandex and spam made me a man

When the mountains fall
and crumble away
my spandex will save my soul on that fearfull day
I'll get in a boat
or swim in the ocean
either way my spandex will keep me a floatin'

I wear my spandex from morning till night
I've never felt an embrace this tight
I can't live without my spandex and spam
Spandex and spam made me a man

He who blames others
Has a long way to go on his journey
He who blames himself is halfway there
He who blames no one has arrived

Spandex is not a right
its a privilege, something this tight
And if you go out looking for a fight
Beware of the scene
They'll cut up your spandex
Just to see you turn mean

1st Chorus repeats...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

This is a miraculous moment! This is the Bluesberry time and it's so fine! I lost my spandex while listening to this, but i'm sure as heck going to revisit this soon.

This is far out man!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Greeny

A spandex-clad epic! I'm hoping it's hot pink or lime green. What an excellent song - lovely hooks and attention to detail. I like that change at about 3:30 especially. It's a proper singalong number. I know it's kinda jokey but it's a serious, proper song musically. Fine performances all round! Doesn't make me want any spam though. Or spandex!

thetworegs

I slipped on my Ruby red spandex to listen to this one and pressed play and wasn't disappointed by this well constructed song with a great lyric not to mention that solo but I forgot the talc and it's getting terribly sweaty air guitaring in the hot lounge in front of the log burner I'm gonna have to ask the wife for help in getting them off the spandex that is

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

steve spandex.jpg

I was moved to go put on my spanies and take a phot.... but I wasn't diggin it until I did a little makeup...

but to this song... dude... the Canadien is coming out here... I could swear if you told me this was Randy Bachman singing this say 25 or so years ago... I would believe it...
this is a great sound and a really awesome song...man...
there is so much music in here... swirling whirling happiness and joy ooooooooozzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggg out of the speakers... and such a fantastic mix too... wowow...   that lead too... man o man o man.... it has to be that sound wow...

the lyrics are amazing but the paragraph about being wrong is quite impressive... the lyrics are just so clever!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Great track and great sound along with the humorous lyrics. What's not to like? Always great to get new gear too and great to see you're putting it to good use, Dave.   
Ray Brookes

launched

Oh yeah, now we're talking! Epic long form progliciousness!! Sounds very stretchy indeed!!! Love all the playing and changes, and love the lyrics, you're the Harry Chapin of comedic musical storytelling my man

Furthermore, it's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Farrell Jackson

New gear and a new song! And it's a good one Bluesberry. All the guitars sound excellent as does your vocals. I dig the chord changes and the catchy melodies that go along with them. The humorous Spandex and spam lyrics made me laugh. Excellent songwriting and performances. Keith's bass playing is top notch. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

Great song  ! I've had Spam but never worn Spandex !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

Yeah Baby! that wild water swimming sure must clear out the cobwebs, great to see you recording again and with the young yin helping out. yeah baby!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann