'Electro Riviera' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, January 23, 2023, 04:47:27 AM

Greeny

04_Electro Riviera_TIM GREEN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A bit of retro fun (well I had fun with it  ;D). Electro-disco with heavy guitar power chords. All recorded and mixed on the MBR. Garageband synths, synth bass and drums, Epiphone Les Paul, vocals.

ELECTRO RIVIERA

swimming in a circuit board sea of synthesisers
trying to harpoon the groove and the perfect tone

sine waves come and sine waves go
they oscillate between my toes
8-bit clouds block out the sun
like the dirty habits of the nuns

here on the electro riviera

hiding out incognito like agatha christie
waiting for some lips of mystery to kiss me

wrap an ensign round your dreams
for a burial far out to sea
8-bit clouds block out the sun
like the dirty habits of the nuns

Pete C

That's brilliant Tim. Love the retro sound of the synths and the guitar. This would have been a hit song if you'd released it in the early 80's !
I'm always amazed at the quality of your production on the MBR. My first listen was on my PC's monitor speakers and it sounded damn good...on headphones it's superb. I don't know how you do it but I mix mine through headphones on the BR800 and I'm usually fairly pleased with the outcome but always disappointed when I listen through anything else.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Quote from: Pete C on January 23, 2023, 05:06:25 AMThat's brilliant Tim. Love the retro sound of the synths and the guitar. This would have been a hit song if you'd released it in the early 80's !
I'm always amazed at the quality of your production on the MBR. My first listen was on my PC's monitor speakers and it sounded damn good...on headphones it's superb. I don't know how you do it but I mix mine through headphones on the BR800 and I'm usually fairly pleased with the outcome but always disappointed when I listen through anything else.

Pete

Cheers :-) I always mix through headphones as I'm very detailed when it comes to panning and balance. But I always assume people will mostly listen on phone / pc speakers and miss all the subtlety, so everything kind of has to sound ok both ways. This one definitely loses a lot of detail / impact without headphones.

BerryPatch

What a sound! The production is fab here, everything is clear but not overpowering. I love the distorted electric here abd your vocals and lyrics are awesome as always. I'm in synth pop heaven!

Farrell Jackson

This sounds great on my Mackie PC monitors...great separation! Halfway through I switched to headphones to hear the difference but went back to the monitors because I wanted to hear that intensely cool bass. It did sound good on the headphones also. I like everything about this one Tim!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

this is so fuc king cool! 
man dude off the charts fun and infectious.... the lyrics are so clever and fun...  I am laughing all the way to the dance floor...
this has so many cool vibes... I could say the rhythm guitars remind me of Billy Gibbons and the keyboards cross between Abba and Banarama... but i doubt I would be saying this right...
but that line "the dirty habits of the nuns"... that is just way to cool...

all your time off made you a bit hungry or maybe you just wanted to resonate to help us poor souls find our musical way... because this is a path to musical heaven.. wow

edit: listened six times in a row now and it keeps getting better...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Loving that bass it's bouncing the car while I'm sat wailing for Seb to finish football practice... I do believe it's warming me up... full and lively track the synths work a treat and that beat.... Yes it's got my vote excellent stuff makes football practice Fun!!! And that's a hard thing to do in this weather I'll tell you 👏

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Mike_S

Lovely wall of sound, so much going on but everything has it's own space. I'd say it's rare that we get killer dance anthems on SC but you proper nailed it with this. I can truly imagine people going bonkers to this in a sweaty, packed nightclub. Great tune Tim. Downloading for future fun (thank you)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love the 80's retro sound. Like a human league song.
Some great synth sounds there.
Great guitars and vocals as usual.
Its a catchy pop track
Nice for a depressing Monday.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Love this. Not usually a big fan of synth-based music but that driving bass riff and the layers of great sounding synths make this a stellar track. Cool lyrics too with clever and witty images. I agree with Darren about the Human League kinda feel but essentially this is too original to pigeon-hole. Great work, Tim.
Ray Brookes