I Always Get Things Wrong by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 22, 2023, 03:38:12 PM

Oldrottenhead

I Always Get Things Wrong(shrunk to fit)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I don't think this qualifies for the new gear fest, as i didn't use my new mic stand. Tho i did use my new monitoring headphones https://www.andertons.co.uk/krk-kns-6400-professional-headphones?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=CjwKCAiA2rOeBhAsEiwA2Pl7Q2x5Sbd9gOHR1LduKDicgHfcMd9gBf0qnLQPNV1wK3i42BP1n-wSBhoCU0sQAvD_BwE and  i connected my iphone to my focusrite sound card with my new apple lightnighning headphone jack https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7423745?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=c290d9a9-b5d6-423c-841d-2a559621874c&istItemId=ixititapi&istBid=t&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157%7cacid:534-693-8244%7ccid:16577722243%7cagid:132965638685%7ctid:pla-952532260494%7ccrid:587868959751%7cnw:u%7crnd:16565082268873855797%7cdvc:c%7cadp:%7cmt:%7cloc:1007311&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=16577722243&utm_term=7423745&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1=132965638685&utm_custom2=534-693-8244&GPDP=true&gclid=CjwKCAiA2rOeBhAsEiwA2Pl7Q-Vmo2-W6s-WuPZfNZZudJw8i_2-0SKhlxNLZA9mFru4moe9TfAKnBoCfPAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyway it is what it is.
When i open my mouth
And let the words come out
Try say what I mean
I always get things wrong

When I open the door
And step into the room
I say the stupidest things

But I'll try
To make it right
I'll try
Steady the boat
I'll try
Get away with it
But I always
Get things wrong

When I'm out on the road
I think I know where I'm going
Till I take a wrong turn

When I'm singing the words
To my favourite song
When the chorus arrives

I'll try
To make it right
I'll try
Steady the boat
I'll try
Get away with it
But I always
Get things wrong

I always I always I always get things wrong x 4

I never get it right
Tho sometimes I get close
But hey no cigar

Well I'm a hopeless case
But I won't give up
I'll keep on trying
Even if I always get things wrong
Get things wrong etc

I Always Get Things Wrong
W/M
by
Oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Love the gentle, insistent hooks. Everything fab and in it's right place. The part that really stood out for me was the section with the descending chords that starts about 2:25 - wow... I fucking love that to bits. Great guitars, and the bass is brilliant. And sung beautifully of course. A total belter.

Pete C

Lovely sounding song and a nice relaxing listen. I think I get the message of the lyrics...its why I refuse to go with my wife when she's shopping for clothes as whatever I say is wrong !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

BerryPatch

Nice song James! Great melancholic music and words here. Hypnotic bass and lovely gentle guitar parts.

Farrell Jackson

A dark sound ORH with the minor chords. Cool vocals to match the flow of the song. I agree with Greeny on the descending chords section, that is an excellent interlude. Good stuff!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Mike_S

Great vibe, lovely gentle insistent riff. Really enjoyed it Jim.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I would say this ain't wrong!  really nice work... and a lovely progression there...
very nice. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

Love those descending chords in the middle part. And I know a little about always getting things wrong, too. ;)

This is a beauty, James.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

There's a Calexico feel to this: A bit of sadness and mystery – especially the dissonant chord in the chorus. If I were ear-trained, I'd tell you exactly what that chord is.

I listened to this yesterday, in one ear with my Bluetooth headset. It sounded very different today with my "good" headphones. I almost preferred something about the headset sound – less bass.

I'd say this counts as a New Gear Fest entry. You're an admin. Make the call.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac