We Got You

Started by StephenM, January 22, 2023, 12:34:55 PM

StephenM

We Got You (Masterdesk)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

EDITED MIX ON 1/23 BECAUSE THE DRUMS WERE TOO LOW. 

New Gear Festival:  Tama Drums

I managed to make a guitar sneeze or a crazy laugh at 2:00!  That was interesting.

The lyrics to this are about the term that is used "We Got You"... I hear it everywhere now.  It seems to be used in a way to convey the idea, "don't worry, we got you covered."  Or maybe "We got your back."
But I think it's more like "ha, ha, We got you!"

so this song makes one wonder and about other things along those lines... as in GOTCHA
Gasp!  Stand back!  You nearly gave me a heart attack!
Heaven and Hell, fresh spring wells
black oil surfacing in sand.

Politicize and control.  Tell everyone what they want to hear.

Gasp!  Stand back!  You nearly gave me a heart attack!
Heaven and Hell, fresh spring wells
black oil surfacing in sand.

Politicize and control.  Tell everyone what they want to hear.
Opponents march in the streets.
Meanwhile the planet weeps.

Jesters laugh, Gasp!  Stand back!
World elites decide where the money flows.
Like a well to world domination.
Meanwhile no one thinks for themselves.

What do you like?
Politics?  We Got You!
Religion? We Got You!
Fanatics?  We Got You!
Death?  We Got You!
Dope?  We Got You!
Money?  We Got You!

I did the mix very different on this.  It's old school but I mixed all the drums down to 2 tracks.  Copied the two vocal tracks to other tracks on the zoom L-20.  That allowed me to add effects to 2 of the 4 voices without overdoing it.  I like the on board effects but only two of them can be used at a time.  I mixed all that and then added the lead guitar into the mix. 
Zoom L-20
Jay Turser pawn shop strat.
ME-25
Shecter bass
Tama drumsNot a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Love it Steve - always original and innovative. Wish you could share some of it with me ! Great track and I agree with the sentiment !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

This is one of those S tracks that shows that you can hose him down, but you're not gonna get him to lose his hairs! This is bonkers in the most positive way. The playing is at times sounding like it's ready to burst out of seams, but what a RIDE!

I was smiling for the whole time i was listening to this track, but nothing really prepared me for the groovy goodness that was going to expire. The intro does give some hints, but it's really the way the song builds, and bounces along that could be almost time stamped in terms of:

- arm hairs are standing up (with some wiggly action happening with nose hairs too)
- the panties are starting to fly on the stage (/on the roof of the trailer)
- parents are covering their childrens ears. Not because of the dirty content, but because of the boogie overload!

This is a total slice of unschooled, dirty, unhousebroken moonshine snorting, raccoon hide rock'n'roll!
Barry White never sounded this good!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Groovy man........it's a ride into the midnight of a darkening landscape...it sounds like it was recorded live, totally hangs together organically like that.........one small thing, I would like the drums up more in the mix, they seem to be buried a bit....great fun and serious fun at that.......rock and roll to the ends of the world

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: Zoltan on January 22, 2023, 01:02:22 PM- the panties are starting to fly on the stage (/on the roof of the trailer)
Did somebody mention spandex........flying spandex..........spandex covered flying monkeys.........or maybe it was just in my imagination.....nevermind

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 22, 2023, 02:21:05 PMGroovy man........it's a ride into the midnight of a darkening landscape...it sounds like it was recorded live, totally hangs together organically like that.........one small thing, I would like the drums up more in the mix, they seem to be buried a bit....great fun and serious fun at that.......rock and roll to the ends of the world

Blues:  I love the live feel... it works here I think.  and so many thanks for listening to you!  and All!

I tend to agree... the drums mix is the hardest thing yet I find to get right... overall I dig the drums on here though and so I kept it... the song goes in a hundred directions.... it felt right... probably in a week I'll redo it...lol... or by then I will be onto some other pogo stick...lol...
it's like I am elevating slightly above nonsense... but I like it...lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Always something different from you, Stephen and always something interesting. So much going in the background yet it all sounds under control somehow. Kinda like Zappa meets Salvador Dali. Cool lyrical content too.
Ray Brookes

Greeny

Really like the main guitar tone - gives me Black Sabbath vibes: heavy but melodic (and groovy). I like the way everything rattles along like it's about to go of the rails but doesn't, and actually has a tight groove at the core. I think it's great!

BerryPatch

Great live jam feel to this, the distorted guitar and bass is locked in tight together and sound kickass. I would say to maybe put the drums up a little in the mix next time but still....nice work!

Farrell Jackson

This is wild and crazy Stephen like one of those bat wing gliders sailing through a canyon and just missing the walls by inches, which would be a disaster. But he manages to pull it off without crashing to live another day. Just as you've done with this cool song. It's very creative and entertaining with some fine drums, bass, guitar and vocals. Never worry Stephen, "We Got You"!   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?