ring tones

Started by wiley, June 22, 2009, 06:29:04 PM

Wiley

Say does anyone know if we can turn our own songs in to ring tones for our cell phones?   My phone has an mp3 player in it, but I can't assign them to ring tones.  I know a lot of you are more computer savvy than I.  There must be a way.  And I guess would your carrier let you?
 Thanks
Wiley.

launched

There is a site that will create free ringtones for you - I forgot the name, but a google search "free ringtone generator/creator" may help. I did make one once and it was pretty easy - I'm pretty sure I was even able to email it to the person I wanted to gross out :D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

assassin

Hi , you should be able to do this on you phone--also ITUNES can
do it or at least it says it has a function for it .

great idea

ASSASSIN

Wiley

We tried on my phone but nope only mp3 player, but thanks I will do some more checking.  would love to have some of all of our songs on my ringtones.

Geir

Don't know what phone you have PJ, but on my Nokia I can choose mp3-files, I just have to go through a lot of folders before I come to where mu music is stored. I actually have THIS as my ring tone :D  ;D ;D.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

Ha I remember that.  It would wake you up when ringing. LOL  I have an Alltel Hue.  some of this stuff is beyond me. LOL  Launched came up with a good idea. I will do the search.

launched

I still have it on my phone!! - Works like a charm :D

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Sprocket

Ive been thinking this thing has got to be great for making your own custom ring tones...record a few bars, small file size, why wouldnt it work great for such a small task?

Migs

Quote from: wiley on June 22, 2009, 06:29:04 PMI know a lot of you are more computer savvy than I.  There must be a way.  And I guess would your carrier let you?

It isn't so much your carrier but your phone.  Like geir, I have a Nokia and can either use their tones or assign any MP3 as a ring tone or record a ring tone for individual callers.

My old flatmate grabbed my phone one day and fiddled with it.  Next thing I knew, I was in a meeting at work and she called me.  I had forgotten to put my phone on mute so out of my pocket came:  "Pick up the phone.  It's Allison.  I'm impatient.  Pick up the phone." ... repeating till i shut it down.

You just go in to the phone book and open up a person's details and hit "options".  You then scroll down to "ringing tone" and you can assign any tone to that particular person.

If you want to change the tone for anyon who rings, go to "menu" then "tools" then "profiles" then for "genera", "meeting" or whatever setting you click on, you can then personalise it.

I think the file type that Nokia uses is .acc rather than .mp3 but the software you use to put it on your phone automatically converts the .mp3 to .acc
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Sprocket

Quote from: Migs on June 24, 2009, 11:01:06 PMMy old flatmate grabbed my phone one day and fiddled with it.  Next thing I knew, I was in a meeting at work and she called me.  I had forgotten to put my phone on mute so out of my pocket came:  "Pick up the phone.  It's Allison.  I'm impatient.  Pick up the phone." ... repeating till i shut it down.

You just go in to the phone book and open up a person's details and hit "options".  You then scroll down to "ringing tone" and you can assign any tone to that particular person.

My roommate and his brother abuse that feature amongst themselves...and unsuspecting victums.(although Ive been fortunate)