One Crystallised Moment

Started by Ray Brookes, January 21, 2023, 01:23:39 PM

Frank53

Excellent songwriting, as always, Ray. Deeply philosophical, yet laid out on the table, plain as day.
Great musical performance as well.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ron D Bowes

You are a master wordsmith Ray as well as being a consummate multi instrumentalist. Top that off with a great talent for songwriting and one wonders why the great masses listen to the hogwash that they do! This is cool and whe that axe solo comes in - great!

Mike_S

Those lyrics are great... a lot of pain in there, some beautiful lines. Great solo at the end, and yes indeed great soncrafting skills. Another beauty.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

This song works on so many levels. I especially like the great storytelling and vocals. The playing is great, but never draws the attention away from the center of the song. The arrangement shows skills and once again serves the purpose of the song.

I know these words would describe all of Rays song :) It's the storytelling, great songwriting and personality that sets these apart.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

This is top notch poetry and top notch music combined!  I will need more time to wrap my head around the lyrics, but it makes a great first impression. Great playing all around, I though the drums were especially tasteful.  Agree with the comment that you have all your own special style!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Very nice Ray. I was so caught up in the music, vocal and lyrics that I forgot to write down my thoughts as the song played. I'm listening again and this song is done so well. The lead solo smokes near the end and when the drums enter they lift the song which I didn't think was possible. Excellent!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Dennis Foale

Hey "R" I agree with all the above the words the way they combine into an image as one listens