Kiss The Sky - a tworegs + chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, January 20, 2023, 10:57:28 AM

chapperz66

02 - Chapman Smith Collective - Kiss The Sky
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

Kiss The Sky is an epic blues - which should be treated with a degree of caution when played in vulnerable company since it deals with some difficult matters with forthright language in places.  Epic because it is 6.5 minutes long so I had to rip it at a really low bitrate to make it suitable for here.  I will put it on Soundcloud and add a link later should you want to hear it with slightly more clarity.

I have submitted this under the festival banner since I used lots of new kit I acquired over the Christmas period.  New computer, updated DAW, updated Arturia vcollection, new leads - I even bought some new guitar strings. It's been a while since I did a festival song.

If anybody has been affected by the issues raised - well, good luck.  I'm the last person you should look to for advice....

Hope you enjoy ( or least endure) the song.  We are rather pleased with it.

Paul

Soundcloud link:  https://soundcloud.com/chapman-smith-collective/kiss-the-sky

Bluesberry

That's how to lay down a vocal........sheeeeeet boys..........fantastic music Paul.........that's how to do it...........spandex....who even mentioned spandex....not me..........but I love this like a fine spandex trouser....love that part around 4:20....tasty.....so tasty it's making me drool a bit..........drool on my new spandex jacket.....and the 5:45 sweet change up there........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Everything here is tastefully done. Excellent musicianship and vocal work. Love that pickup at around 4.00 then back to the original feel at  5.40. Brilliant arranging, Paul - great track.
Ray Brookes

Blooby

Damn, that was just humbling.

$%ck, ya'all, &other%uckers...

Sincerely,

Blooby

launched

There is no compliment good enough, hope you guys are raking cash not grass this is fantastic!! Epically and majestically wonderful. I am so loving this!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

And now after a couple listens I really love this!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StephenM

The intro starts the whole thing right.
The guitar is one of the stars Paul, the other of course is Trev's vocals.
Love that piano....
drums strike just right.
bass is solid to keep this bedded in the back of the truck where it should be.
There is just so many great little nuggets here.
It's like one of those diamond clusters where once you get past the brilliance of the large one all the little ones are just as amazing in their own ways...
shine on crazy diamonds! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I really love this song guys. Paul the music is brilliant, it does remind me of a pink Floyd track.lovely guitars, drums and keys. Great production. I could listen to Trevors vocals all day, such a hypnotic style.
Some great lyrics too.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

Quote from: DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee on January 22, 2023, 06:06:49 AMI really love this song guys. Paul the music is brilliant, it does remind me of a pink Floyd track.lovely guitars, drums and keys. Great production. I could listen to Trevors vocals all day, such a hypnotic style.
Some great lyrics too.
Darren

gol dang right man.... this track is so damn good.... it's way above my capacity to comprehend...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

Holy shit! It was mesmerising from the first note and never let up. Everything so tasteful, classy and fitting. The orchestration is Bond-theme level in places - so good. And what a vocal! Oh... here we go. 4 mins and there's an outstanding guitar solo with hammond sweeps. Love how it all resolves back to the beginning with the redemption in the lyric. F*ck fellas - this is too good! Classic.