Military Blues

Started by Ron D Bowes, January 19, 2023, 07:06:54 AM

Ron D Bowes

03 The Military Blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A while back (3 or 4 albums ago) I was watching "Stripes" starring Bill Murray and in the film the "G.I. Chant" is enacted using lyrics from a song. I thought how about making a song around the "G.I. Chant" lyrics? This was the result.

Zoltan

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on January 19, 2023, 07:06:54 AMA while back (3 or 4 albums ago) I was watching "Stripes"

What a way to count time! :) That ladies and germs is true dedication to the arts!

I think this song has the kind of infectious vibe that's impossible to resist. It wouldn't sound out of place on a movie soundtrack and it has that catchy 80's vibe to it.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Full on the throttle here.....this works so well......deadly raunchy blues rock work out.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Love this, Ron. Great guitar riffs and strong vocals all presents a great bluesy track.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I am sucked into Hounds o Hell and it is hard to get out of that...
this is cool..
I like the way you sing a line and then jam a line...cool... this gives it a really great vibe...
another hard core rocker you got here Ron...
drums sound great as well as all the rest...  that harmonica though...wow

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Frank53

That was a fun movie, and this is a great piece of blues rock.
Good lyrics and gritty performance.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

BerryPatch

Rocking track Ron! Strong vocal and gnarly blues rock riffage. Raw and grooving!

Greeny

What a great, fuzzy blues workout. Love the tone of the guitar in the right channel, and that harmonica is incredible. Really enjoyed it.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I remember the film, good film
 This is a great song Ron , a unique style idea for the lyrics. Very catchy and the guitars , drums and harmonica sound awesome.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Dennis Foale

Makes you want to march the words no doubt many a soldier has had it happen while in service