Reverb Pedal: Hall of Fame 2 by TC Electronic

Started by WarpCanada, January 17, 2023, 09:02:50 PM

WarpCanada

I recently treated myself to a new reverb pedal, and as a person who loves reverb, I gotta say this one is great.  Like most similar TC Electronic pedals it has a neat feature called Toneprint that lets you download new algorithms (within the limits of the pedal type you are using), so you can pick from over 100 different custom reverb algorithms and load them into the pedal.  You can even further tweak a few of the parameters in the "tone print" to create something not possible just using the outside knobs on the unit.

The shimmer (modulated reverb with an octave) is just magical, as are the big caves, halls, and even the less exotic sounds (room, and plate) are incredibly useful, and much better than any other reverb I've used.

I had previously been mostly using the Line6 reverb algorithms in my PodGo, some of which are neat, but none of them are as good as this.

Plus the only thing better than one reverb effect is two of them, or two reverbs and a delay or four.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Greeny

Yeah - TC Electronic make some great kit for a low(ish) price. Haven't tried the hall of fame series, but always hear great things. I'm currently enjoying their analogue bucket brigade delay.

Blooby

I have yet to get one one of their pedals with the mash technology. How do you like that?

WarpCanada

Not everyone likes the mash thing but I like it.  With the downloadable tones quite a few of them do interesting expressive things when you mash on it.

The complaints are from folks who find the mash feature too complicated. Which I get.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

bruno

I've got the flashback mini 2 - which is a great pedal. Owned by behringer btw. A lot of bang per buck.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600