Daughter's music progress

Started by Mike_S, January 17, 2023, 03:15:27 PM

Mike_S

Tidal Wave
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Andrea has been studying music production and in her 3rd year now. This is a cover from a band she likes... She is coming on well with the guitar, miles ahead of me on finger style sings and plays well at the same time. Produced it herself... I think she uses Pro Tools. Pretty proud of her TBH.

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

WOW. No wonder you're proud of her, Mike. Very nicely produced and she has a lovely voice. Nice accompaniment too BTW. Pro-Tools is the industry standard I think these days so it's great she is getting familiar with it. I'd use it myself but the bloody program is so expensive, not to mention the plug-ins. Anyhow, you can tell her well done from me.
Ray Brookes

WarpCanada

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

Cool Mike,
this recording really lit up when it hit that chourus...wow..

sounds great and I am happy to hear she follows some great musicians from her ancestry! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Wow indeed!  Brilliant recording and so impressive.  I would be proud too. 

Paul

Zoltan

This sounds great! A real reason to be proud! :) Wonderful vocals and playing.

Unfortunately i might have done something wrong as no one in my family cares for playing anything (!). My only hopes lies on my dogs which i've managed to occasionally record on some of the songs i've done. Especially on those crucial acoustic moments where the tension and vibe is high and then in the background you'll hear a dog scratching herself, or barking in her sleep.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Oldrottenhead

bloody magic. My daughter is in her third year of music/theatre studies and supassed me on guitar a long time ago (not too difficult to surpass me lol) and she has a fab voice but she won't let me record her.
be proud Mike.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Very nice. Tell her not to be shy about bringing the vocals up a bit in the mix.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on January 19, 2023, 09:24:38 AMThis sounds great! A real reason to be proud! :) Wonderful vocals and playing.

Unfortunately i might have done something wrong as no one in my family cares for playing anything (!). My only hopes lies on my dogs which i've managed to occasionally record on some of the songs i've done. Especially on those crucial acoustic moments where the tension and vibe is high and then in the background you'll hear a dog scratching herself, or barking in her sleep.

sometimes a generation gets skipped.  My grandfather was a musician, not pro, but a good one.  None of his 3 played anything.  His grandkids do/did though and beyond... you never know.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça