StephenM

I'm A Kangaroo (Spawns of Stephen)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Markus on drums and keyboard
Kate (grandie on backing vocals
Stephen on vocals and Ibanez A/E guitar

I had the idea for the song theme several years ago.  Today we had a bit of a family jam.  Lots of playing led to a cool and energetic groove that I just could not pass up... Then we had to do a quick record while the coals were hot...
all recorded and mixed on Zoom L-20... not too much mix laboring here..

I do like the vocal effects from the Zoom... and used the EV dynamic mic as it was already hooked up and I didn't want to ruin the moment trying to switch to a condenser mic... so I think the sound here works thoughI'm A Kangaroo (Spawns of Stephen).mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

I love this Stephen! It's like if Ray Manzerek dropped into the McCartney I sessions and laid it down on keys. I dig all the weird slapback echo sounds that come in and out throughout and I really dig your madcap vocals here. Very creative jam and it's great to hear Markus and Kate on here!

Bluesberry

Great jam......so good to jam with family.......love the organ, great stuff.....how did you sing this without laughing......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Crazy fun - in a very good way. And sounds like everyone was enjoying themselves. I'm really digging that organ sound too. It all comes out very psychedelic. Cool!

Zoltan

This song saved my morning! It was one of many consecutive early mornings and i was crosseyed. Then i noticed this piece of sparkling sunshine and soon i was smiling like a moron.

Suddenly everything was hunky dory again!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

This sounds like exactly what it was... a real fun family get together. Glad you got some of the family to join in, I wish I could do that. Kudos to Kate and Markus, they put in some great performances as did your good self. I like the "it's me" bit at the end!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Bizarre but great!  Your music is almost like listening to Zappa again.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Rene Asologuitar

Very fun, Stephen!!!!
This is truly lovely, in every sense of the word.
Especially if you inject family in the equation, you are so awesome!!!
I am enjoying the happy and jolly scene in your home!!!
Love this recording!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

Blooby

You must have the most entertaining family outings. I would like to think you break this tune out while fine dining.

Odd yet strangely infectious. I have my ear worm for the day.

Blooby

Frank53

Well, that was fun! I'm sure you all enjoy those family jams.
Fun for you, and entertaining for us.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.