"Where We Are" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, January 09, 2023, 08:41:22 PM

Bluesberry

Oh yeah.......playful darkness.....I get the vibe Zoltan ....there is so many things this makes me think about.........so playful darkness sums it up pretty good.......and what about that spandex wearing lead guitarist....whoaaaaa, dude......lovely....tight yet supple, firm yet stretched in all the right places.......this rocks hard and beautifully so.....sweaty even....    I wasn't even gonna mention spandex but the playful darkness made me do it.......great vocals

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

All killer, no filler. Tons of energy in the vocals and the guitars. Tons.

Quote from: Blooby on January 10, 2023, 10:40:53 AMThe wav file looked like the fattest slug you've ever seen. 

Hahaha!

I have no criticism about the compression, but I am listening on laptop speakers. Seems like there's plenty of dynamic range to my ears.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

I love compression, it's so delicious. Great tune guys, enjoyed the anthemic chord progressions, and the vocals are so full of force. The crazy solo action is badass, I always love that.

A helluva numbah!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

T.C. Elliott

I'm digging the guitars and the massive sound. (I agree it feels a bit compressed but not terrible. I don't know how much I would have noticed if it weren't pointed out.) The vocal and melody are both stellar. Lyric wise it seems to me to be a pretty straightforward comment on the border situation in the U.S. (albeit from one perspective) but then maybe I just read current events into things that I shouldn't. At any rate, it's a good listen.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

kenny mac

This has a great feel to it.
Lurkers vocals and lyrics shine.
Bloobys guitar dances round him like some oriental moth to a light bulb.
You guys rock.

Farrell Jackson

Right out of the gate this sounds so lively, like a live take...nothing wrong with that at all. I like Lurker's vocal and the delay effect. Cool guitar Blooby, excellent sustain on the lead work. Not over compressed to my ears..."more compression, more compression" oops I mean "more cowbell", lol. Seriously the compression is doing it's job.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

This really rocks, sounds like everything but everything was going flat out. I enjoyed it.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on January 10, 2023, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on January 10, 2023, 10:38:22 AMIt does sound a tad compressed. Either you played everything to full tilt, or went a bit heavy with the master buss compression.

The wav file looked like the fattest slug you've ever seen. 

funny thing is now I can actually recognize compression... lol... but this does feel live and I like that a lot...sometimes just turn up everything and then play like there is no tomorrow and capture that feel...ala "Frampton Comes Alive."

so this is cool..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on January 11, 2023, 09:53:56 AM
Quote from: Blooby on January 10, 2023, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on January 10, 2023, 10:38:22 AMIt does sound a tad compressed. Either you played everything to full tilt, or went a bit heavy with the master buss compression.

The wav file looked like the fattest slug you've ever seen. 

funny thing is now I can actually recognize compression

Compressed like a quote three-levels deep.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ron D Bowes

Great screaming guitar intro. Industrial feel to the verse and well delivered vocals. Nice solo work.