One Night Only: Stephen M. In Concert

Started by StephenM, January 08, 2023, 04:13:37 PM

StephenM

One Night Only
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Had to stay over at school and drum on desk for 45 min in 7th grade with two other boys because we wouldn't stop drumming on our desks (see Rod Lewis and Eddie Reynolds). 

This is not Zoltan's fault, but it was his suggestion. 

My blue guitar came off the wall after a few months (Harley Benton-PRS copy)

Shecter bass on clean profile Boss ME-25 played with pick

drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.drums. drums.  drums. drums. drums.

today Stephen the guitar player, played with Stephen the drummer who played with Stephen the bass player.

also the left tom is a well..... and that well can tell you things... oh yes...

on a journey... indeed...Not a valid attachment ID.

punches holes.... punches holes...

There you go big boys

"Dude, calm down"Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Excellent drum work, guitar chugging along nicely.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

A cool 3-piece jam Stephens! To my ears it seems you've set up the drum mics very well. I can hear all the individual drums and the cymbals are getting picked up nicely plus they're not overbearing at all. Which can happen easily with mics set all around. Good drumming!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

This is somekind of a numerology thing. 45mins of detention and the song runs for 4:50. The player starts with the volume at 50%, but any reasonable being cranks it up to 100% for a track like this.

I know a thing about detention, or two. Actually the number "might" be slightly higher...

Hearing this track didn't feel like detention. Instead it managed to draw me into a trance like state. I started seeing weird images, flashbacks from the years gone by. Young Stephen running around in a field (with a feeble voice that sounds a like Blooby coming from far away announcing his lack of undergarment) catching butterflies and rainbows.

The break that happens after the three minute mark shows Stephen reaching into several kinds of directions. Should he be the guitarist? Bass player maybe? Or the drummer? Perhaps just the song and dance man?

Filled with high ambitions and dreams... That is until the bad teacher put him on a detention.

I think the reason you didn't get the drums earlier is because of that teacher. Is it too late for a prank call?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

BerryPatch

Kickass instrumental Steve! It's true, you've got drumming in the blood. At first I thought this was an early Rush instrumental you were covering, sounds very authentic to the time. That scheter bass cuts through like a knife as always... Great tones!

thetworegs

Thethreestephens..... I'm getting that Rush vibe from this as well a great allrounder the drumming sounds great ....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination