Throttled Down Rush (Instrumental)

Started by StephenM, January 07, 2023, 11:29:27 AM

StephenM

Throttled Down Rush
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

New Gear Fest:  Tama Imperialstar kit and drum mics...

you can kick ass with drums and you can get your ass kicked by drums...

this is a lesson for me right here... first off I really like what I am trying to do... this taught me that I need to develop more, much more discipline in timing, on every instrument I play.

It is one thing when I can do a 4/4 120bpm... but something more complex like this... I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to get a metronome to synch me here...

I thing what I need to do is try playing guitar to a drum track that would work for this idea..
because I had to rerecord this about 25 times trying to get something on guitar I could actually play drums to more or less... but if nothing else... this is a great exercise...

also recording drums and getting good sound from them is challenging.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

You're getting invariably great sounds from your gear! I would think the inspiration for this was Rush, or something like that? (The rhythms etc.) But to me it sounded a bit like Iron Maiden. Iron Eel?

Run to the fridge! (sung in Bruce D voice)...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Drums sound great man........I am jealous.......I like the loose feel of this.....very nice groove......I think the idea would be to play with a metronome in your headphones as you drum then you can play your other instruments to the drums........maybe?   I'm no expert on recording real drums.......I know bands will record everything to a click track or very simple drum track and then put the final drums on last...delete the first guide drums and record the drums as you want for the song......see what I mean about being jealous...I am thinking about how I would do it and getting all excited.........someday........I would love real drums...someday.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

No matter your own opinion of your drumming, you're decades beyond my ability. I've often said playing drums is the most fun I've ever had musically but I'll stick (mainly) to guitar, thanks. Well, I guess most of us dabble in lots of things to get a full production.

I'm digging the drumming and the rhythms. The guitar was cool, too. I'm digging your new toys and the sounds you're getting from them.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hey Steven you're doing a brilliant job, playing all those instruments and arranging them and getting them in time must be bloody hard, those new acoustic drums sound great. I'd love a real drum kit but I think getting the timing ( hands/ feet ) right will be very hard. Would be good fun to mess around and practice though.
Love the guitars and kind of heavy metal vibe of the song.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ted

What's the old saying?

Quote from: Robert BrowningA man's reach should exceed his grasp.

You are definitely going for much more than the safe boom-chuck stuff I do when I have a chance to sit on a drum throne. Sure, there are times when you sound a little unsteady – but there are many more where you are really in the zone. At about the one-minute mark you seem injected with a boost of confidence. Your drum recordings continue to improve with each song.

The bass and guitars are really interesting – particularly the tone on the lead guitar. It sounds like you are using an auto-wah, or an envelope, or something, but not pushing the effect really hard.

Good stuff. Can't wait to hear the next installment.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

BerryPatch

Man, those drums really kick! Super tight performance and the wah wah guitar is a super nice touch! Rock on!  8)

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

launched

You make me happy. The drums are so crazy, and I'm really loving that guitar tone and soloing.

And then it ends. And then I have to go to bed. And then go to work.

Monster tune, though!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Incredibly impressive and complex. Definitely sounds like a challenge but you pulled it off so well. It all fuses together fantastically. Great stuff.