First attempt......... "There You Stand" n00b posting :P

Started by gingertilly18, June 22, 2009, 10:07:19 AM

gingertilly18

there you stand
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi, i have been lurking around here for a few months now and like what i have seen, finally got my br600 the other week and made a quick song to get in the community, it is rather rough but i just wanted to get something posted!
you all seem friendly and helpful so feedback and comments are very welcome,
thanks,
michael.

Greeny

Hey! Welcome aboard. This is getting there. I'd think about some panning though - it will 'unclutter' the centre, and add interest if you spread the guitars L / R. Sounds like you have the drums all sorted though. Nice job! Don't lurk - post!

Ted

Yes, it's "rather rough"--in a great way.  That rhythm guitar sound is weirdly thin and bold at the same time.

I'd like to hear vocals on this.  Also, a more prominent bass part that doesn't follow the guitar so much.  I agree with Greeny about the panning too.

Is this all you, drums too?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Welcome aboard!! Sounds like you are off to a great start and making great headway with your BR. A little panning and level work will go along way for you.

Quote from: Ted on June 22, 2009, 10:20:53 AMIs this all you, drums too?

I was thinking the same thing - very natural sound.

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

gingertilly18

well to give a bit of backstory, i am was a drummer in a large local covers band until we all went to different uni's, http://www.myspace.com/radicalmassband
i bought an acoustic when i went to uni as drums were too big, started doing some solo stuff with my friends zoom mrs - something or other, http://www.last.fm/music/Free+Sarnies it started out as a joke but i really enjoyed writing and playing, so i got a br600 and a bigger house so i have a drumkit etc which you can here on that track, i always find that i sound rough and cluttered but i dont know how to pan L/R etc
i am a drummer at heart after all :D

thanks for the quick responses!
michael.

assassin

Hi , good to hear someone usinging real drums.but i think they should be louder in the mix get the mics nearer or give it some eq - also you can get a better guitar
sound with the 600.
but great stuff defo on the rite track -- youve got the hard part sorted.
Playing drums in time with a click and cut and paste guitar parts would
really start to sound good in my view.---but dont listern to me.

ROCK  ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                ASSASSIN.