"WHY?" - (Original with vox by ORH)

Started by Satchwood, June 22, 2009, 09:32:54 AM

Ferryman

MASSIVE! This is a killer track. Very very commercial but not AOR. Great powerful song and the guitar and vox work so well together. I had to rush out to buy a cigarette lighter to wave!!

Seriously, this is a really great track and ORH your vox sound so different again. You are the man of many moods and voices to go with them. Great guitar lines Tommy, melodic without being corny but still with a bit of a shreddy-edge to them.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

very solid tune all around-love the solo satch

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

As always great work Satch great solo 8)
ORH with all the blues stuff I forgot you are a killer singer :o 8) 8) 8)
This is sublime!
Well Done guys.......

Bluesberry

Oh yes, this is good.  Great vocal ORH, killer song Satch. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Frank53

Wow! Full, rich, and very professional. Great song and performance. Love the guitar tones, the octave vocals, guitar solo, the drum programming, all of it. Great collab, gents!

Frank!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Satchwood

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 22, 2009, 07:28:43 PMSeriously, this is a really great track and ORH your vox sound so different again. You are the man of many moods and voices to go with them. Great guitar lines Tommy, melodic without being corny but still with a bit of a shreddy-edge to them.

Thank you for all the comments fellow muscians, song writers, and such!!

I really think ORH did a superb job on this song!!  He is a man with many voices and moods!!  I tried to keep my soloing tame/tight enough to fit, but yet still grab your attention - I'm glad everyone likes the song!!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Great song guys!!! and an amazing performance from both of you!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hooper

Sounds great guys!  ORH did a splendid job as usual, fitting a lyric and the melody for the lyric to the instrumental tracks.  The vox duo is very effective.
And the instrumental tracks are so well done.  The earth-shaking bottom end really got my attention.  Can you give any insights as to how that was done, Satchwood?
Great song!  :)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Jim1970

Great Great Job Guys!!

This could be a killer hit on the radio!!

jim
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Let me get this straight: Satchwood created this without any lyrics at all in mind, and ORH filled in the spots left for verses and choruses?

Outstanding!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac