"Ever" by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, January 01, 2023, 03:19:56 PM

Mike Huntingford

ever
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Happy New Year everyone!

This song, "Ever", is a song I created to represent hope overcoming chaos, suffering, and madness of the last year.

In the opening, you'll hear a somewhat uncertainness via atmospheric pad that drones on one tone, it is accompanied by dreadful bells (you know the kind announcing death). But then, you hear some strings that attempt to overcome the dreadful tones with a pleasant chord progression. Adding to this will be a playful piano adding further movement away from that awful single tone dreading in the background. Soon, a delightful acoutic guitar will also help in pulling away from the dread, joined by choirs, further strings and brass, until finally the dreadful tone can no longer be heard. The tone shifts to nothing but playfulness and joyfulness. Those same dreadful bells from the beginning that were announcing death now sound for joy!

I will all the best for everyone in the new year!

I hope you enjoy the piece.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Frank53

Extremely effective in achieving the theme you stated. Mesmerizing and optimistic. Beautifully arranged and performed. My only complaint would be its brevity. Nice work!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Zoltan

I think the song conveys all that and more. I think from the get go the theme builds like the first rays of the sun and keeps on growing from there. The feel is tranquil and everything sounds natural and fitting to the overall mood of the track.

I've said this before, but it's still worth repeating. It's not only your skills as a composer, and arranger, but also your skills to select the sounds that compliment each other that really pull everything together.

Great stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Last year was one of the worst for me, so I'm hoping this year will be a lot better, Thanks for this inspiring and thoughtful track. It's a real beautiful sounding and crafted song.Love the bells at the end too. I really wish it was longer..but it gives the listener the glimmer of hope for the new year..i think you could expand on this. great work

darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

BerryPatch

Beautiful track Mike. A great pallete cleanser for the new year. Keeps one in good spirits! 👍

StephenM

Mike,

Happy New Year sir!!!!  this is so good! 

I played that track that you so graciously added keys for me to my kids the other night... They thought you were spectacular, and I agree! 
I really appreciate the impact of your music on all those you share it with... it is really part of the LIGHT...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Rene Asologuitar

I can feel the serenity and the elegance in your music, Mike!!!!
My favorite is the acoustic guitar loveliness!!!
You successfully ingrained hope and triumph in this composition.
Very well done!!!
Rene

Mike_S

It does indeed bring light. Yeah, 2022 had some darkness for me, but yes it's seems trivial but music can help us heal somehow. Great piece Mike.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Really  uplifting start to the year, excellent recording and production!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oh yeah, I get it. I love the music and the vision. Just beautiful.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800