Charm Quark

Started by Frank53, January 01, 2023, 09:12:03 AM

Frank53

charm_quark_mix2_mstr1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well, after pretty much abandoning the studio for about a year and a half, I jumped back into the fire a couple months ago. I guess it is like riding a bicycle (except for having to get your callouses back  :) ).
I've completed a couple pieces so far, this being the first one. It's just a little jazzy instrumental, to get my feet wet again - both playing and recording. A couple more are in the works. Trying to keep the momentum going!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

launched

I love this, obviously the drumming is amazing but I like your soloing all over the place with different synth sounds, guitar, bass. So much goodness.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

You've nailed the arrangement and I'm digging that sax melody. There's an undeniable rhythm, too. This is definitely easy to listen to.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

thetworegs

Kinda got that crusaders feel to it ...one of my favorite bands by the way ...love it! Pleased your back recording more please

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

What an excellent jazz style instrumental. The arranging and playing is superb. The instruments sound just great. Love the sax melody
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Frank53

Thank for the kind words, everyone. Feels good to be playing again.

Quote from: thetworegs on January 02, 2023, 02:42:40 AMKinda got that crusaders feel to it ...one of my favorite bands by the way
That's quite a compliment, Trevor! I was a fan as well.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

StephenM

Frank,
you know that I missed you?  Your voice?  yes..

I did... and have.
I knew that you were on a journey and would come back...

but I still miss your voice...

this is an excellent track however.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Great stuff Frank, a fine way to get back into it. If this is just a taster of what's to come, you have some damn fine music inside you ready to come out.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand