The passing year by Bruno

Started by bruno, December 31, 2022, 09:45:13 AM

StephenM

Quote from: bruno on December 31, 2022, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: cuthbert on December 31, 2022, 10:43:03 AMA beautiful and engaging piece - is that a violin or viola you're playing as well? It sounds fantastic.
Strangely enough it's a telecaster, through the ratsbane (rat pedal) and the digitech Ventura on its univibe setting. It does sound weirdly like a violin.

Acoustic guitar, and djembi and hand drum, plus electribe drum samples. I did the acoustic part first, so the timing had no click track - which I found really hard to keep time, but a good exercise in listening. Plus I tried to play carefully to avoid fret noises, that's flippin hard as well.

Happy New Year to all at songcrafters.

B

love the sounds on this piece Bruno... it's cool that that pedal combination can create a violin kind of sound.. I would imagine you could quite get lost in all those sounds you make...
I get lost in guitar sounds.. I once played the same progression for 60 minutes straight.  I was lost in one of the sounds on the Boss ME-25.
So I wonder how that might work for you?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Like a journey down the dark dark road of past deeds good and bad ...... Nicely done for an old man 😁

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

chapperz66

This is a cool piece, Bruno.  The lead guitar does have a hint of electric violin about it - which is great!

Really enjoyed this.

Paul

Farrell Jackson

It can be hard to play the first track without a click track but you seemed to have handled it well Bruno. I like the violin simulation result with your Tele playing and effects pedal chain, nice! Most times it's impossible to eliminate the acoustic finger squeaks entirely but they don't bother me at all. It makes it all the more real. I'm on my third listen now...great percussion and very cool song, Bruno! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Lovely tone Bruno.
And a catchy tune as well.
Lovely playing
Well done.

Great post, excellent choice of instruments. Nice guitar work.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

There's an economy of motion in the melody that feels just right. It helps that your tele through the dirt sounds so good. This has too many cool bits going on at the same time for it to be meditative but there is definitely a thoughtfulness to it that reminds me of some contemplation mantras... but with more grit. Excellent feel to this one.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A great instrumental piece. It does lend itself to being used for a soundtrack. Love the melody, great guitars and drums.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Johnbee

I imagine myself driving through the amazon forest constantly looking over my shoulder in fear that something will try to eat me. ;D
Very atmospheric.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!