Vote for the January/February/March 2023 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, December 23, 2022, 11:30:00 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next Originals festival which will run from January 1st to March 31st. Voting starts now and runs for 7 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Saturday, December 31st. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is no poll for the Covers festival because our Jan/Feb/Mar covers fest is always a tribute to the musicians who died in the previous year. So the covers fest this time will be "Lost in 2022" (Gary Brooker, Bobby Rydell, Vangelis, Alan White, Jerry Lee Lewis, Manny Charlton, Dan McCafferty, Wilko Johnson, Christine McVie, and many more).

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• Winterfest - Write an original song with lyrics about Winter in general  (e.g., winter weather, winter fun activities or chores, etc.) - but no Holiday songs allowed.
  • FaBFest 2023 - Film and Book Fest. Original songs based on a film or book. Could also be based on other forms of visual art or literature such as a TV show or a poem.
  • New Gear Fest - Songs using new gear you got for crimbo.
  • Firefest - From cosy evenings spent by the fireside with your significant other to glorious anarchistic destructive arson.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

As someone who has previously expressed anarchist leanings, in song on this site, I just want to remind y'all that anarchism and violence are linked together in popular thinking deliberately – because anti-labor and/or anti-immigrant politicians found it beneficial to smear all anarchism as violent. In fact, it is not.

Quote from: Wikipedia: Anarchism and violenceAnarchist thought, however, is quite diverse on the question of violence. Where some anarchists have opposed coercive means on the basis of coherence, others have supported acts of violent revolution as a path toward anarchy.[1] Anarcho-pacifism is a school of thought within anarchism which rejects all violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism_and_violence

#NotAllAnarchists
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

If newgearfest wins I'm goosed unless, mic stand, balanced monitor leads and monitoring headphones count 😂
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 25, 2022, 09:10:35 AMIf newgearfest wins I'm goosed unless, mic stand, balanced monitor leads and monitoring headphones count 😂

I originally voted for the New Gear Fest (because I'm expecting new gear), but I changed my vote after realizing that I'll get to use my new gear no matter what fest wins.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 25, 2022, 09:10:35 AMIf newgearfest wins I'm goosed unless, mic stand, balanced monitor leads and monitoring headphones count 😂

I don't know how much of a fudge it is, but I'd just use your newest gear and call it good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Zoltan

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 25, 2022, 09:10:35 AMIf newgearfest wins I'm goosed unless, mic stand, balanced monitor leads and monitoring headphones count

If you're lacking imagination i can give you a head start. You could wear those monitoring headphones for safety while whipping the mic stand with that balanced monitor lead.
I'm sure that could be turned into something musical...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

des0free

If I vote for New Gear Fest, I think I can tell my wife that I need to buy some new gear, as a belated xmas present to myself, in order to be able to participate, right?  8)
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: des0free on December 30, 2022, 12:51:01 AMIf I vote for New Gear Fest, I think I can tell my wife that I need to buy some new gear...

If New Gear Fest prevails, you will be statutorily required to acquire some new gear.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is...

NewGearFest (banner image missing)

Songs using new gear you got for crimbo.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website