I Want To Be (Like)

Started by StephenM, December 20, 2022, 04:13:45 PM

StephenM

I_Want_To_Be_Like
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I changed the house water filter today from the well.  There was stuff in it.  I began to wonder if perhaps this is why my music gets so weird?  After all, we have lived here many years.  I am going to keep drinking this kool aid.  Would anyone like to join our commune?Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

I will drink the Kool-Aid. My kind of weird. I made a comment on a song a month or that it should have been on the Repo Man soundtrack. This one should be as well.

Blooby

TPB

got me at the opening line lol Great tribute and fun Listen
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

I think there are different beats going on in this song... it's almost like I was singing in one tempo and the music is doing something else... some of it is the delay on one of the voices but that is not all of it...
this is especially noticeable at the start.  I couldn't do this if I tried to... the drums on this were canned from the Casio because I tore my studio down to get ready for my new drum kit.  I have to totally rearrange and have it pretty much ready for when they arrive next week...
this off beat shows up in my drum interpretations when I try and play songs in the artist tempo and end up in something else.... it is because I am like a wild horse on drums... no discipline, no real technique... but I think that also offers something very different too... There is no one right way...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Ted

Happy to be name-checked here!

This has a PUSA meets CCR feel to it. "Two great tastes that go great together." Your spontaneity and the obvious fun you are have are making me so envious. Keep 'em coming.

(And it's not the first time you've reminded me of PUSA.)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

I've tried my best to find the correct way to describe this experience of aural delight, but the only word that really describes it is: QUIRKY. Fun and weird and the way it moves along makes my brain sizzle :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

A fun song Stephen with a cool guitar riff at the beginning and throughout. I like it all but the vocals are the star here!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

There is no right way indeed.
I love opening one of your tracks.
It's like opening up a box of wild animals and the all run out in different directions.
Musical genius at work.
I've just been on a musical trip and loved it.
could have sworn I heard my name in there lol

Frank53

Love it, Stephen! That was fun. Put a big smile on my face. Creative, quirky lyrics.
I hope changing the filter doesn't make you next song sound like Barry Manilow.  :)
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

StephenM

Quote from: Frank53 on January 06, 2023, 05:11:31 AMLove it, Stephen! That was fun. Put a big smile on my face. Creative, quirky lyrics.
I hope changing the filter doesn't make you next song sound like Barry Manilow.  :)

I do love that song "Mandy".... maybe I could try and cover that... ha

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24