"Alt World"

Started by Blooby, December 16, 2022, 05:41:52 PM

Blooby

Alt World (instrumental - 192)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I stumbled upon an incredible free soft synth called Surge. I plunked around on some random chords, giving no thought of a song structure. I ended up building something more traditional around the synth bits, but in the end, I edited it down as an instrumental. I'll still send John the longer version to see if he'll bite. Maybe we'll just axe the weird middle part and will be left with something resembling normal.

You can still tell where the chorus/verse bits were supposed to be. Be my guest if anybody wants to fill it up with some instrumental oddities (preferably other than electric guitar as there is plenty here already).

The theremin-sounding whale calls (that are too loud in the keyboard section) were from a self-oscillating fuzz pedal through a %hit-ton of delay. Scared the cats. The pitchy fretless bass I'm certain didn't help matters.

First mix. Still have to consider what to do with the drums.

Peace.

Blooby

Zoltan

I too once tried this synthg called Surge. I'm not vain, but i didn't like the way it looked so i gave it a purge :) I've noticed that it's among the highest rated of free soft synths, but nah...

But you're still making me reconsider my choices. Perhaps someone could build an alternative skin for that Vsti :D The way it sounds here is like whales mating with cosmic monks flying high in the sky. I was going to comment on the great guitar soloing, but then the synths took it into another dimension. To a dimension where mere guitars couldn't reach.

Now all i can think of is those whales and if the cosmic monks liked the treatment, or if it was savage. World can be a scary place!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Laidback instrumental song! Sounds great via phones = professional production as always!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

"self-oscillating fuzz pedal"

me and the mrs need one of those for the bedroom... lol

scaring cats?  that is hard to do...

is it weird if I love this? 

cool synth... my cat is looking around as if she has being invaded by alien cat beings...

do not, I repeat, do not delete the middle section... just tell John to put on a weird hat and see what happens...
this is cool... but it could almost be used in the Halloween fest...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Great song, I find it had a Pink Floyd-ish sound to it .. really good guitar work.
I also use Surge once in a while, it has great sounds ..
Well done.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

I can see the light show now! Maybe add some echo to the drums(?) but it all sounds good to me. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

I love listening down through the latest jukebox... there is so much variety, so many different vibes...such great music... then you get to the Bloobster and it blows you away... or maybe I should say... I get to the Blooby posts... and they blow me away..
really great and very interesting stuff... I hear dolpins and whales mating... or maybe that is alien sounds traveling over light beams billions of light years away?  Whichever, it gets better each listen...
Singers are overrated... remind John of that... I know way more singers than guitar players...lol... this is  just a joke really but musicians tend to get underpaid and singers over... it just ain't right..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

Quote from: Zoltan on December 17, 2022, 02:59:38 AMI too once tried...Surge. I'm not vain, but i didn't like the way it looked so i gave it a purge... Perhaps someone could build an alternative skin for that Vsti :D

Skin library for Surge XT: https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/skin-library

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a cool instrumental. It's like something from a pink Floyd album, with those great guitar riffs and synths. The synth sounds great by the way. I really like the middle part.
Look forward to hearing a different erosion if you did do one.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper