"Him or Me"

Started by Frank53, June 21, 2009, 08:35:23 AM

Frank53

Thanks, PF, Oskillo, Ron! I appreciate the kind words.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

SteveB

FRK - 2nd song of yours I listened to, and the 2nd of yours destined for immediate download to my BR-MP3 folder on return home. If you played this as a pressed CD to a non-musician listener, and placed the BR900 in front of them, you would never convince them in a lifetime that the two are connected (You would have even less chance to convince anyone that you recorded it on the 864!).
Frank this has everything: Superb playing, soulful singing, clever lyrics, slick production, that irritatingly-catchy jazz-motif running throughout. I think someone has already asked what you do for a day-job? On this performance, and that of the short classical piece also featured in this thread, is it too much to suggest that you're a music teacher?? Whatever.
Not too sure what the local radio-programming is like where you are, but I'm sure that there would be a DJ within sound-shot who would chew your legs off to play this on their show. This is quite simply excellent product, Frank. You can be proud of it.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Frank53

Thank you so much for the kind words, Steve! Glad you liked it. It is amazing what these little boxes can do. LOL!

Quote from: SteveB on July 12, 2009, 06:53:23 AMI think someone has already asked what you do for a day-job? On this performance, and that of the short classical piece also featured in this thread, is it too much to suggest that you're a music teacher?? Whatever.

Not even close. I guess I use music to exercise the other half of my brain. I'm actually an electrical engineer by day. Took a couple music theory electives in college, but not nearly enough to teach anyone anything.

Thanks again,
Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

StephenM

OTD bump and I am glad I went over there to listen because i just love your singing Frank....  this has "Careless Whisper" kind of vibe and I thought that was a great song...likely because of the great sax sound...

love the mix, maybe a hint of "Smooth Operator"....

good recording!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hilary

What a lovely song - you've got a fantastic groove going on there Frank - congrats!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

Fine song from the early days of this site. Thanks for the bump!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

tonyc

brill song frank i do all my brass on my keyboard , sound really great and love the vocals .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16