The Widows Eye

Started by Ray Brookes, December 12, 2022, 08:00:01 PM

Ted

Quote from: TPB on December 15, 2022, 05:20:50 AMa sequel on the widows view of things

Cool idea. But you (or I) can take a shot at it too. You've got me thinking about how to flip the script.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

You're right, Ted it does sound like a cool idea. Take a shot at it - I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

along with a few other things I have been reading this has inspired some words for a song I am recording called "Guilty Conscience"....

this is one of those ideas that gets in your head... a really great song and recording... 
... I always wondered why if you go visit cemeteries and read gravestones (which once in a while I have done) I notice that men seem to die years before women.... 

I really like the opening line... and your vocals do exactly that... intone... perfect Ray!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

What a compelling story, Ray! You sang it so well that it had me on the edge of my chair. The sparce production makes the impact of the vocal all the greater. Nice work!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

I'm not sure how many times i've heard this already, but i'm still feeling unqualified to even comment on this.

Let's just say that i thoroughly enjoyed the song, mood, songwriting and performances of this fine composition. This is one of those times where i just want to step back and enjoy the song only as a listener.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

Loving that solitary stand out vocal brings the lyric to life another beauty Ray

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Just amazing tune with Irish vibe (imo). Fine story telling song and the background harmonies are icing on the cake!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Wow Ray, this one put me right in the middle of a movie. Paints the whole picture with your fine lyrics and style. Great writing & performing!  8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

Merry Christmas to me!  Once again, I am being blown away as I listen down through the list, starting from JP's Gilmour cover.  How is so much talent and so many gems hidden away on this wonderful sight?  I feel like I have discovered gold.  No more longing for from me for the emerald's or the pearls... those are all fool's gold....
but this song, your songs, this site is long sought for buried treasure... wow!

How do you do this so well, so often?  However it is done Wizard, thank you!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner