Postman Giles

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, December 12, 2022, 07:32:33 AM

Farrell Jackson

Ha this is funny butt, (pun, lol) I would've thought never to write a song about hemorrhoids, lol. Cool lyric rhyming. The backing music is so good as are all the vocals. It does remind me of Ray Davies' solo style. Excellent Darren and Keith!   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Quote from: Ray Brookes on December 12, 2022, 06:12:53 PMDarren - you're bloody crazy, mate LOL Who ever thought of writing a song about this subject? Excellent production with a Kinks kinda feel and hats off to Keith for the you beaut vocal work. This must've taken ages to put together with all that instrumentation and a great job - well done.
You're probably right ray, I am a bit crazy, haha. My next song will be about a milkman with halitosis lol.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

Quote from: DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee on December 14, 2022, 01:50:38 AM
Quote from: Ray Brookes on December 12, 2022, 06:12:53 PMDarren - you're bloody crazy, mate LOL Who ever thought of writing a song about this subject? Excellent production with a Kinks kinda feel and hats off to Keith for the you beaut vocal work. This must've taken ages to put together with all that instrumentation and a great job - well done.
You're probably right ray, I am a bit crazy, haha. My next song will be about a milkman with halitosis lol.

not only are you funny and crazy, quirky etc... you rock too!  that is a difficult thing to manuever... this site has so many clever people.. so many great song writers and musicians...I am always happy to see a Devils Toupee pop up

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Top notch production and a funny song. Remeniscent of some of the funnier 10cc songs.  Nice one ;-)

Redler

Right up my street, too! I love a bit old fashioned (on a good way) tuba/bass backer. The harmonies are just perfect and I can hear some Beatles vibe, too.

Very catchy song!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

WDF! This sounds like a better version of the Beatles. Not as olden, but at least as golden. I got slight Scissor Sisters vibes from this song too.

And yes Kinks vibes too. Wonderful!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

godinqc

Very cool song .. definitively a Beatle vibe to it .. great lyrics and vocals
Well done ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

In case you didn't know it, I am a big fan!  Can I have your (electronic) autograph?  Would you bloke's stop for a photo with me?  I generally don't try and ask for these things from stars but you guy's are just so darned exceptional... I don't suppose i could sell you a watch or two? 
you crack me up Darren...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

A lost Beatles/Kinks track ? Excellent has it all a beautiful vocal and an off the track subject excellent production just excellent love it 😍

If Life is a dream then use your imagination