World Cup Chaos (3 piece instrumental)

Started by StephenM, December 06, 2022, 02:25:12 PM

StephenM

LANDR-World Cup Chaos-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Really this was a result of recording this mornings drum practice.  I got this really bad acoustic drum kit, really low class man.  But I added a good high hat and added a Behringer mic kit on each drum (and 1 HH).  I don't have a cymbal yet but I figured out how to make the HH be a ride or sort of a crash... plus while mixing this, I did a live mix, off the Zoom, I focused on panning the HH.  That is not normal but neither is this song...or whatever you call it.

The only reason I kept this is there is a very special moment at around 2:48 to a bit after 3:00... to me that is massive and some times these sorts of jams bring out very special moments... the name was just something I came up with...

it's a very low fuss, mostly recording practice today, mix once or twice and go...kind of jam...

Shecter bass, DI with chorus from the board

Ibanez A/E single track some chorus, only short time

crazy acoustic drums... 6 tracks.... I am starting to learn about compression and eq more...and a bit of gated reverb on the HH and snare...

I am trying to relinquish the illusion of control, and it manifests itself as I try and control the drum playing.  These days my focus is to let go and let the spiritual flow and not try and play but just play... to get out of my conscious head and just play... I think that is where real music comes from.  Or at least a good bit of it... I suppose there is no one right way... but I am going for broke...lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

This sounds like Primus to me. Perhaps we should call you Ler for a while...

Off the wall and up the kazoo! (whatever that means). You've certainly found the jam.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Nice jazzy drumming, Stephen!! This has a bit free jazz elements on places. Great creativity!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

First off i love the title. When you read it you think, hey this should be interesting and then, huh? what nothing to do with football... bringing a big smile straight off the bat. there is some great stuff on this Steve. TOTAL freedom is what I hear, and that is a gift you are blessed with. Nothing ties you down. Fantastic Bass, lovely riffing and yeah holding down a good beat in an unconventional style. Yes a bit freeform Jazz. Cool  8)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

The thing that blows my mind about this piece is that it is just an acoustic guitar, a bass, and drums...

if you get awee bit buzzzzzed and hear this 10 times with your ears between the speakers at low volume you will go ho we fu ck

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner