I played the fool
Shamed then shunned her
Cos she was in my world
Yes she was in my world

Not every angel comes from heaven
Not every demon comes out of hell
Ray Brookes

chapperz66

Another top-notch song, Ray.  Particularly enjoyed the frenetic guitar solo.  Great song and faultless production.  It's a winner for me.

Paul

Zoltan

Top-notch is certainly the word to describe this. Great songwriting and interesting arrangemental tricks. The vocals keep the song rooted even thought the tempo is quite high. The first short guitar solo sure is a delight and it gets better with the second!

If you'll keep at it we'll be hearing hair metal next! It's never too late :D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Trist

Very different Ray . has a a bit of a war on drugs style to it but with lighter production, love the guitars and the feel of the song, the pace and energy. enjoyed .

StephenM

I missed this one.  Lots of energy.  really digging that!  What a great mix with so many great sounds and added characters along the path of the song.  Interesting vibe here.  It's like Maniac merged with Toto and Michael Jackson.  Wicked cool stuff.... this is very studio like... you know some of those great California studio sessions.  People like Steve Lukather, Jeff Porcaro, Steve Porcaro, etc. 
that pulsing bass underpins this whole track and allows the drums a real nice groove to groove around.  That lead at the end is super... the drums sound awesome too...superb!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Quote from: Zoltan on December 03, 2022, 08:51:16 AMIf you'll keep at it we'll be hearing hair metal next! It's never too late :D

Hehe, Zoltan nailed it. You just don't know what to expect when you hit play on Rays tunes. This is stellar, beautiful production, everything crystal clear and yes those solos are a delight. I am getting a Prefab Sprout kinda thing going on which for me is about as high praise as you can get.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand