Zoom R24

Started by djamesk13, November 29, 2022, 09:28:41 PM

Hello all, I have upgraded from a Zoom R8, to a R24, and have tried to copy the songs I have on the R8 to the R24, but it will not copy over, any ideas if this can be done at all?

Dave

Ted

Welcome to Songcrafters.com! I see this is your first post. I'm not sure I can answer your question, but I hope you stick around and share some music.

I have absolutely zero experience with the Zoom R24 – and barely any experience with other Zoom recorders. I found this page, but I'm not sure if it addresses what you are trying to do.

There are several active members on this site who use the R24. Stand by for better answers.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Johnbee

Hi Djamesk, and welcome. :)
There is a Facebook forum where you may find some answers.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomforum/

Good luck!

:) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

des0free

It might not be possible to copy "projects", with all setting preserved.  But you should always be able to copy over WAV files for each track.  And then apply FX and mix on the new machine.  To copy WAV, you can just put them in the appropriate folders on the SD card and then select them by setting the "tracks" on the zoom
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Just done the same from r8 to r24. Had to copy the wav from the r8 audio folder to my laptop.
Then created a song with the same title as the r8, then copy the wav files for each song into the r24 audio folder.
80 songs as well, took about 3 hours.
Shame there is no easier way, zoom could provide software but that's the only workaround I know.

StephenM

I have an R24 and have used it a few years now. 

I love it but... you have to get used to it's quirks. 

looks like above is your answer.

seems to me that you could take the SD card out and put it in the R24.  Have you tried that? 

I have the R24 and the Zoom L-20.  The R24 can transfer via a usb flash drive. 

The R8 has a usb output for a cord.  seems maybe that you could connect that to a computer and put transfer the files to the computer and then to the R24.

anyway, I am sure you will love your R24.  I didn't at first.  I had been using a Boss Br1600 and just felt it was better.  However over time and practice that the zoom could do things the boss could not.  the portability alone makes this worth while.  I do tracks in the truck, on the porch, camping etc... I generally don't mix on the Zoom but you can

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner