Stink Bug Salad (For Ted)

Started by StephenM, November 23, 2022, 11:10:26 AM

StephenM

LANDR-Stink Bug Salad (For Ted)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I told this story yesterday. 

I went to the local grocer, Lowes, where I get salad bar several times a week.  It's always good.  Yesterday I got two salads.  One for me, and one for Markus.  I got home, opened it up, put some Italian dressing on it.  reached in, grabbed a few pieces and started chewing. 
Have you ever tasted something new, and weren't quite sure about it?  That happened to me when i ate Arugula for the first time.  I liked it though... but this was after 5 seconds or so of chewing...spit this into my hand... a doggone stink bug...man a live... they taste kind of like they smell.

Ted challenged me to write a song about it in the next 24 hours and post it.... I did not think I would do it as I am working at the YMCA today at 5... but I am always looking for an excuse to make noise... and that is what this is. 

I recorded and mixed this on the Zoom L-20, then took it to Audacity and eq'd the you know what out of it.  During mixing on the board I tried to used compressor and eq on the kick and the bass guitar... more noise and crazy stuff...
I got an idea to do a song called Mucous Membrains (to be about world leaders)... lol

oh well...

one last thing.  The ending is not ride sally ride, it's ride salad ride.. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

I've got a huge smile on my face!

Thank you! This has everything even retching noises. When you go into monologue about arugula, it was the second time this week I've been reminded of Mojo Nixon.

[error: gif image
!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on November 23, 2022, 11:42:25 AMI've got a huge smile on my face!

Thank you! This has everything even retching noises. When you go into monologue about arugula, it was the second time this week I've been reminded of Mojo Nixon.

[error: gif image
!

I kind of owe you a thanks...because i was having a hard time getting away from that other project.... sometimes ya gotta move on...even if it is temporary...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Leave it to ZZStephen to bring out the follow up to the Eliminator album. This time instead of singing about sex, american cars and girls the topic is a lot more down to earth. Very much so as the album could as well be called as the Exterminator.

I think it's all good, but instead of fighting back you should just eat your bugs. That's the future! In the old times when they used to say "eat your salad!" the new mantra is "eat your stink bugs!".

There's at least ten songs worth of guitar soloing in this one. That's what i'd call as added value.

A confession time. When they brought those cricked based foods into the shops i was against them. Then it turned out i was the only one in our househould who actually ate them :D Now i speak cricket too!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Yikes!!!!
And I can almost taste the bug, double yikes!!!
Very nice guitar work on this creation, Stephen!!!
Truly, nasty.....
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

kenny mac

I feel your pain.
The lyrics tell the story well.
The guitar could come up in mix but man nothing like a true story for creativity.
Bravo

godinqc

I agree the lyrics tells the story very well ..
Truly tasty song.. ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800