"Accolade"-An Instrumental

Started by Johnbee, November 15, 2022, 07:25:18 AM

Johnbee

Accolade 22
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Back in 2010 I wrote the sketches for the piano and the lead horns to this instrumental and sent it to a friend of mine who plays guitar.  He added two acoustic tracks (1 strummed and one flat picked).  For the longest time I couldn't figure out an adequate bass part for it so it went without a bottom for a while.  Last week I went into my computer archives and dusted off the MIDIs and audio tracks and just finished remixing everything.  Fortunately, I finally managed to create a bass part using a Trilian acoustic bass.  It came out much clearer than before.  I also added a few more ensemble parts to the last verse.  The female choir is from Miroslav Philharmonik CD sample library.  It's called "Accolade" and the guitarist is my friend, Marc Halikas.  Hope you enjoy it.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

Enjoy it?  ha!  this is very high.  Very spirited.  Very excellent.  Very pro.
magnificent work Mr. Bee..... my head is buzzing like a whirlwind of honey bees swarming to their new nest.... yes...lovely sweet goodness... joy... happiness... grandness...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

For once, I'm not tempted to mention He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned. But it does remind me of something, and I can't put my finger on it. In the 70s, educational programs on public television often had a sophisticated, slightly jazzy avant-garde music over the opening or closing credits. That might be it.

With your music, I am nearly always out of my element. I love how it challenges me, and this song is no exception.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

I'm glad Ted didn't mention Isaac Hayes, or Dionne Warwick...

Uplifting and dreamy. Takes me back to imaginary better times. Musically complex yet easy to approach. This is one special feat JohnBee has.

Wonderful composition!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Uplifting and dreamy as mentioned...

I'm enjoying this a lot!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Great track with a lovely atmospheric feel. I like the use of the various instruments, especially how that bass rolls along, almost like a counterpoint to the other themes.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

John, I'm glad you pulled this out, dusted it off and added more to tantalize our ears! The complexity of the chord progression is mind boggling to me. The acoustic bass fits perfectly in the mix. I'm in a better mood now...thanks for that! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

Hi, Steve, Ted, Zoltan, Redler, Ray and Farrell.
Thanks all so much.  I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!