have you an opinion about micro RHODE NT 1A versus BEHRINGER MT 1 ?

Started by Jean Pierre, November 11, 2022, 01:03:07 AM

Jean Pierre

My main microphone AKG PERCEPTION 2OO is failing me: ..it starts to sputter in the background, I can't figure out what's causing it (cable, sound card, computer, DAW doesn't seem to be the cause) and the most annoying thing is that it doesn't do it all the time, it has periods of remission where it works perfectly well and then, for no apparent reason, it starts sputtering

I'm thinking of changing it for a Rhode NT1 A (155 euros at Thoman France) or a BEHRINGER MT 1 (120 euros at Thoman)

Do you have any experience or opinion on this choice?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Oldrottenhead

I couldn't comment on the behringer. However I love my rode nt 1a. I first used one when I went to Geir's hut in Norway for my first MET. Flash has had one for years and it was just a matter of time before I got one. I can highly recommend it. I use it through my scarlet sapphire 2i2 into my MacBook using GarageBand as a daw. I can also use it with my boss br800 or microbr using phantom power.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I'd be tempted to give that Bheringer a go. I have a handheld condenser SB 78A and it's awesome.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Don't know about the Behringer, but the Rode is my main acoustic mic and is apparently super popular.

Good luck.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

JP, do you have another mic or maybe could borrow one to help troubleshoot the problem so you can verify if it is or is not a problem with the AKG mic before you get a new one? (how's that for a run on sentence, lol)

On your question about the Rhode and Behringer mics. I have a Rhode NT1A and it's a great for micing acoustic guitars and doing backing vocals. It has a powerful signal and captures sound easily from a distance. I find it too bright for my own voice on lead vocal work, but it might work well with your voice. Nonetheless, it's a great mic for the money. I'm not familiar with the Behringer MT 1 but I have a Behringer B2 that is just a great all-around mic. I hope this helps a little with your decision making. It's just my opinion. Good mic hunting!   

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

For what it's worth my whining is done thru Rode NT-USB which to my knowledge is the same mic with the exception of having USB instead of XLR connection (I tried to out do Farrell, but couldn't :)).

And i'm not using it as a USB mic. The reason i got the USB version was because that was what the shop had and it was a impulse buy.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

Thanks guys ...the price difference being minimal I made my choice it will be the NT1 A

see here a comparison of the 2 mics on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ln4Aby8ynw

It must be said that if the price difference is minimal, the difference in sound quality is also minimal

I chose the NT1 A more for the reputation of this mic for at least a decade I think
I'm not sure if it's a good one or not, but I'm sure it's a good one...
C2 behringer for 55 euros!

To answer Farrell ...yes I have tried everything change the cable, swap the mics etc.. it is indeed a problem with the AKG mic and for example today it does not make any background spitting noise
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?