R.I.P. Dan McCafferty

Started by Mike_S, November 08, 2022, 12:10:54 PM

Mike_S

Another member of the Rock family gone today. Dan McCafferty died today.
I have been listening to a fair bit of Nazereth this last year or two. Hell of a singer... R.I.P. Dan

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/former-nazareth-frontman-dan-mccafferty-dies-age-76/ar-AA13Sy9R

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Sorry to read this news - he had a great voice for hard rock. Here he is doing one of my faves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDZBW-1P04

RIP.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

R.I.P. Dan McCafferty. Gone too soon.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

My Nazareth story:

Nazareth was the first real rock concert I experienced. (My only prior concert experience was Captain and Tennille at the Arizona State Fair.) I didn't know any Nazareth songs except for "Love Hurts." But my friend Ron was a big fan, and encouraged me to come. We were both KISS fans, and he'd been to a concert or two before – the veteran.

It's kind of hilarious to think about what an innocent kid I was. I was intimidated by the concert scene – the older, rough looking, rock music fans. Someone brought weed.

I smoked myself straight that night. Got really high during the opening act – Blackfoot – then started to shake. I sat and hunched forward in my seat with my head down. I remember "Highway soooooooonnngg..."  I think I sweated. Then - pop - the high was gone. I've never done that since. (Never tried.)

Nazareth was great – I remember thinking, so this is why rock is a big deal. I liked rock music before that, but this was my first time experiencing rock – the high-volume, the macho stage antics, the diddly-diddly-diddly guitar solos. I definitely remember them performing "Love Hurts" and "Hair of the Dog."

In a way, Dan McCafferty was my gateway into the power of rock music.

I've found information about a Nazareth concert with Blackfoot in 1979, in Phoenix. I was 17 years old. Was I still really that innocent at 17? I like to think of myself as experimenting with punk already at that age. I want to push the date back a year or more, but I can't find evidence to support that preferred version of my history. By 1981, I was in no frame of mind to brag about having seen a dinosaur act like Nazareth – and never would have admitted to being impressed by it. I would have kept that to myself.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

kenny mac

AndyR

Sad stuff.

I didn't know, came on to see if anyone had noticed Nik Turner had died and then saw this.

So I've got to queue up some Nazareth now after Space Ritual :(
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs