His Idol Is Jahia (colab with Jean Pierre

Started by StephenM, November 05, 2022, 06:53:17 AM

StephenM

LANDR-His Idol Is Jahia (with Jean Pierre)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Some time ago JP asked if I could include him in one of my projects going forward.  So I started to think about writing something that could include lap steel and dobro.  Admittedly I know little to noting about lap steel and not much about dobro. 
Over the 2 plus years on the site I started to put together a picture in my mind of JP and his music making.  This was based on photos I had seen, comments I had read, video's he had done.  Over time I became more and more impressed with JP's work.  The times he was out due to illness I missed him.

I wrote this song about JP and what he does.  Kind of a tribute to a man who pays so many tribute.  I think it's well worth the time I spent although it falls short. 

I sent the song to JP and he sent me back 2 lap steel tracks which I panned one left and right.  The dobro track he sent I left centered.  To me these adds give it an almost Fleetwood Mac type sound, which I hadn't really expected. 

His idol is Jahia.  He hails from the Savoy.  Most days, these days, you will find him in his attic studio in the sky.  Writes a beam of music notes straight into the heavens descending once again like a god, to release his findings into the world. 
And they sound like: 
Loves his family, Jean Pierre loves his friends.  Mostly he just wants to remind the world of forgotten music heroes.  Plays every instrument found on the planet.  His passion is to record the sound they make. 
And they sound like, they sound like, music to my ears. 

His idol is Jahia, he is a romantic.  Helping to heal the world. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

t's very nice Stephen...and very well done..the vocal harmonies remind me of Crosby and Nash, like in Guennevere for example

It is true that I have paid some tributes on SC like to Rob Burns, Tommy, Dobrodaddy, Alex Groundy

but many others ! ...all the collaborations I made in my "Containment Musical Workshop" series are as many tributes to musicians singers, composers that I appreciate on this fabulous site

Nigel, Max, Trevor, Ray, Doug, Tim, Warren, Hilary, Ken, Mike, Willie, Alfredo; Jean Paul, Ted

Thank you!

I am pleased and proud to add you to my Containment Musical Workshop series Stephen

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ray Brookes

That is a remarkable and beautiful piece of music, Stephen. Those vocal harmonies are stellar with a C,S,N & Young vibe. JP's playing is great as always and the overall 70's folk feel is just so listenable. Well done.
Ray Brookes

cuthbert

A very nice tribute to JP.

I like the soothing calmness of the arrangement - has a bit of a mid-period acoustic Pink Floyd sound in your guitars, to my ears. And JP made some sweet additions!

Well done.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

des0free

You captured the vibe of JP well, I think.  Monsieur JP is amazing and deserves a song about him!  And his additions to this are classy!  I'm curious Stephen, what instrumentation did the track you sent him have: bass and acoustic guitar?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on November 06, 2022, 11:48:23 PMYou captured the vibe of JP well, I think.  Monsieur JP is amazing and deserves a song about him!  And his additions to this are classy!  I'm curious Stephen, what instrumentation did the track you sent him have: bass and acoustic guitar?

just acoustic and voice Doug

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

What an interesting sound, a really sweet spot where the sounds of Steve and JP meet. Ethereal, slightly psychadelic and just lovely. There is a kind of timeless feel, or even time washing over you. Super listen and a worthy tribute to a great songcrafter. Downloaded for future listens.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Really like this and yes it is fitting tribute bravo gents
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Trist

Very nice recording, haunting and dreamy folky and serene, nice playing and production and performance, enjoyed

Pete C

Lovely song and a fitting tribute to JP's music. Nice to hear two of my favourite Songcrafters together !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800