Written in This Land

Started by SE, November 03, 2022, 06:16:15 AM

SE

Written in This Land
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi everyone got some gift vouchers for my birthday for Guitar Guitar , so what do you do for a guy who has too many guitars well buy another one  ;D
So I fancied an electro acoustic, tried an Alverez and Takamine (secondhand), oh my budget was £250,but ended up with a Yamaha APX 600.
So here we go with the Yamaha and this what transpired.

Hope your all well John

recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

John, there's nothing better than spending birthday gift vouchers on musical instruments and as you said every guitar player needs another guitar :D. The tobacco sunburst finish looks cool and it sounds great in your song. I really liked the sound of your soloing and the full-on rhythm. Good lyrics and vocals!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

I looked at that photo of your new guitar, and it gave me a weird feeling. I looked up from where I'm sitting and saw my 20-year old Yamaha APX-4A, on a stand, on a hardwood floor, near a wall outlet, with another guitar just to the left. Good song too! Guitar sounds great.

se's-yamaha.jpg
ted's-yamaha.jpg

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Anything that gets THE SOUND EFFECT to write and record is great for me.  Mostly because I just dig your work so much.
this instrument sounds very nice.  It's amazing the guitars that Yamaha makes for the money.  Also Ibanez and a few others. 
Is that lead using the A/E also? 
great job on this John.  excellent recording!

and it's nice to have folks who know you so well,,,, that is a nice birthday gift. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

Ted what a coincidence, an almost identical photo, the guitars haven't changed in appearance in all those years which in my book  is cool, if I get five years out of mine that's a great deal.
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

Congrats on the new guitar, John - it sounds like a winner on the new song. And the pics of yours and Ted's side-by-side are uncanny!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

Quote from: cuthbert on November 03, 2022, 08:22:59 PMAnd the pics of yours and Ted's side-by-side are uncanny!

I use orange Dunlop Tortex picks too, but didn't happen to have one tucked in the strings last night.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

des0free

Great song inspired by the new guitar. That alone makes it worth it  ;D
Like the two guitar parts weaved together
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Congrats for the new guitar, John! I've noticed that new gear gives inspiration, easily :)

Nice song and performance. Your guitar sounds like dream!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: SE on November 03, 2022, 06:16:15 AM+++++++++++++++++
Hi John,
Love the rasp in your vocals.
This guitar sounds great, and the song is great as well.
Love the guitar solo in the middle.
Love that I can understand your every word.
Well done.
Rene