Started by kenny mac, October 29, 2022, 06:23:39 PM

kenny mac

Monsters(2)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Halloween (banner image missing)

One for Halloween fest.
This was batted back and forth with myself and chunk a good while back but don't know if it ever seen the light of day,but regardless this is a totally different animal.
Chunk supplied the main track,I wrote and sang the lyrics.
Chunk is a  hugely talented dude and we always worked well together.
I put the guitar on,then added a spooky ambient guitar using echoe and the Michael Kelly.
It sweeps right in at the start and joins chunks wolf noise lol.
But I always felt there was something missing,that something was chapperz66.
Paul took the track and from the middle poured the fairy dust on and created a string section that fitted like a glove as well as a host of other things.Ive put re imagined because it's a totally different song with a news Section  by another songcrafter.2  becomes 3.
Thanks paul,and chunk.
The lyrics tell of a man who's murdered his partner,he's sat all night pondering on what he's done surrounded by his demons,they slowly disappear as daylight breaks into the room.

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

bruno

Well done chaps. Very thematic and film like, particularly the outro with big horns and scratchy violins - lovely.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Zoltan

Excellent! Musicially interesting and eerie. Melodically rich. Filled with memorable musical moments and the always great Kenny Mac vocs. The understated rhythm guitars are also tasty. They add an air of 80's vibe to the song. Cinematic synths. Pop goes Hollywood!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Excellent work by all in this cool resurrected collab! It's a very good song for the Halloween mini-Fest and beyond.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

I love those underpinned palm muted guitar string strums.  Something I loved about 80's music.  This song doesn't seem scary.  I am not that focused on the lyrics however it is more the voice is part of the song.  The whole thing is beautiful to me! 
There are some intense moments, that make it movie scene suitable.  I agree Paul's work in here adds intrigue and a kind of Bond feel....I am digging this.  almost morphs into something you would hear at a high school football game marching band music performance...
yeah...this might be scary... if I think to much about it.
Nice work to all involved...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

intense.  those wolves.... howling synthetic wolves howl at a man made moon...
predicted in prophecy (Mancurian Profiles: just kidding, it's made up)

yes... Chunk plus Kenny Mac plus ChapperZ equals amazement times 10 to the 23rd power.  NUCLEAR!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Excellent Halloween Fest song. Really liked the beat, the synths and guitars and great vocals from Kenny .. Great work ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

Outstanding collab gents everything in its place well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

SE

I've missed this one, but what a collab.
The production is fabulous and the
 performance is just too cool.
Congratulations magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80