Time Machine (Future Hope Series)

Started by StephenM, October 28, 2022, 08:36:26 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Time Machine (Future Hope Series)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Every now and then I really get excited about a song.  This is one of those.  It has to do with concept.  Conceptually this is a song about the hopes I hold dear in my heart.  However my ability to take that hope and convey it in language is limited.  This song experienced that limitation.  I do think though that I found that special place that a child can get to.  The one where imagination is fired.  This one also from the hope and faith that I have.

Two Epiphone Les Paul tracks using the ME-25 boss for effects, and also bandlab effects.
One Epiphone bass track, effected on Bandlab
One Digitech Trio drum track that I doubled, panned, and effected each differently and at different volumes.
two vocal tracks using the MXL mic.  EQ'd and effected on bandlab.  The lead vocal I doubled and panned one hard the other easy.  Different effects on each and at different volumes.
One backing vocal. 
recorded on Zoom L-20, mixed using Band Lab and Audacity and mastered with Landr.
Step into my time machine.   To a land of nursery rhymes.  Fluffy white dandelions.  Dancing and singing happy children, singing about happy happenings. 

Happy horses.  No bridles in their mouths.  Bouncing freely, everything is peaches and cream.  Listless clouds of lily pads, sunshine, and blue sky.  Not a frown to darken the eye.

Dancing and singing happy children, singing about happy happenings.
Step into my time machine.   To a land of nursery rhymes.  Fluffy white dandelions.
Joyful skunks spread their lovely cologne.  Where all the citizens rush to rub some on. 

There is no bad company.  Repeat

Step into my time machine.   To a land of nursery rhymes.  Fluffy white dandelions.

There's a land that is fairer than day.  By faith I can see it afar.  For the father waits over the way.  To prepare us a dwelling place there. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Last night I woke up about 4am and decided to pop my earphones in and listen to some music on my tablet till I dozed off again. I found this song on SC, listened to it once, then once again, then put it on repeat. I went back to sleep and woke up a few hours later. I'm now listening to it on my PC through good headphones. I love how you defy normal song-writing conventions...no verse then chorus or middle 8... but it still works. The way you've panned the drums, vocals and instruments makes for a great listening experience. Your time machine took you to a wonderful place !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

Loving that trippyness to your vocal ....excellent production ...great panning on the vocals and each instrument has its spot throughly enjoyed ....your machine did its job and took me away from time for while Bravo !

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

This has that psychedelic vibe that Jefferson Airplane did so well, ala White Rabbit. The way you processed the drums makes them a stand out for me! But it doesn't stop there because your use of layering and doubling throughout the song is super trippy (to borrow a thought from Regs). This goes to the top of my Stephen's songs list!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, a great track, Stephen. An essence of psychedelia yet serious musical themes that meld together perfectly. That vocal is excellent with that effect and the recording quality is first class. Great work.
Ray Brookes

SE

Just cool stuff, loving the panning and trippy sound.
Is that a phaser on the drums?
The hard panned vocal works too.
Well done loved the listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Zoltan

This is what Stephen, Crosby and Nash sounds when they go digital. Instead of sounding like Neil Young you've started to sound like the male version of Stevie Nicks with a hint of Carly Simon.

There's softness to your playing and gentleness heard in the vocals. The sound of mushrooms has turned into a peppermint tea.

If your musical phases were presented as colours... This would be your pink phase.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hilary

Very cool. I liked the phrasing too. I'd say it was your burnt orange phase.

A great listen to a song that can only be yours.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Lurker

You create a really cool vibe here. The rhythm is engaging from the get go. The layering of the instruments and vocals really works to set up the right atmosphere for the lyrics. Well done.

You did lose me at one point, however. When you said, "There is no Bad Company." I can't agree that paradise would exclude Paul Rogers belting out those classic tunes.

StephenM

Quote from: SE on October 29, 2022, 05:22:53 PMJust cool stuff, loving the panning and trippy sound.
Is that a phaser on the drums?
The hard panned vocal works too.
Well done loved the listen!!

Sure thing John.  It is called "Drum Phaser" which is an available effect chain preset that I used on one drum channel.  It is part of the free DAW software called Bandlab.  It's a great site for mixing down.  You can also record on to it direct. 

thanks for listening John and every one else as well....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner