New Album from Kenny Mac and GodinQC - The Starturian Prophecy

Started by godinqc, October 26, 2022, 05:12:23 PM

Mike_S

Cracking listen lads, I listened to this while working today and it was a very good listen. A fine accomplishment indeed.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

This is an outstanding accomplishment to put together a complex project like The Starurian Prophecy, kudos to all involved! Great lyrics, vocals, guitars, chord structures, narration and backing vocals.  Kenny, GodinQC, Hook and Ella are masters of your crafts!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

The creativity on this site never ceases to amaze. This sounds awesome. It reminds me of the story telling on 'War of the worlds' - gobsmacked.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pete C

Listened to the whole album and I think it's fantastic. Well done to all involved..you should feel really proud !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

What a massive undertaking! I haven't listened to it all yet, but I'm blown away by what I've heard so far.

Congrats to all involved!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

Finally today (after night shifts) I could focus on this. I went for a walk in the forest with headphones and listened to this.

Just an amazing album, guys! It's nice mix of ambient music and rock/pop or what ever...great album. Hope was the favorite of mine.

The both of you are great musicians and song writers!

Hook's nice voice works nicely on narrator...and Ella's too.

I take my hat off..(Redler, another guy born in1962).
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

godinqc

Thanks for the great feedback ..
It's really appreciated
Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

I just found out about this yesterday night.  But I have already heard the whole thing.  This explains why KM had seemed so absent music wise on the SC site!!!!  I am sure i will have more detailed comments about individual songs down the road as I listen.  Let me say my first impressions.  Besides WOW. 

--1.  You work so well together.  Very complementary.

--2.  Hook was amazing as Narrator.  I don't remember the female voice yet. 

--3.  Kenny's solos were soaring.  serious shit man... legit

--4.  Michel's work was anything but behind the scenes.  I have listened to enough of GodinQC's work to hear how great this was.  My only complaint would be. (and some would never know enough to miss this) needed some more GodinQC solos.. but really Steve...that is being really picky
--5.  Kenny's vocals showed versatility that listening to a song or two of his at a time I would never have noticed.  Because of the nature of this work it brought out alot of further ability details of your vocals Kenny... most excellent work.

all in all... exciting, depressing, discouraging, intriguing, uplifting.... pretty dang good!  standing ovation. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

The very start of the Starturian demonstrates amazement.  The Hook had me line and sinker at the first bite... then it morphs into something like a meld between Sting and U2, without competitive spirit, just spirit of joy.  Kenny's vocals over the top of that lovely rhythmic guitar is beyond description in greatness. 
wow.wow..wow...wow.wow

descriptors of the world. that is and was... and then ....????
the hunger, the passion, the emotion shines forth in the playing and singing.... BRAVO out of the gate.

Hook's voice actually pummels me right into my belly... impressive..... grabs you...but inviting...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

The Deep Blue Light:

KM the vocal at 4:20 is so off the charts good the only thing I can compare it to is some of Dennis DeYoung"s work on "Rocking the Paradise" off Styx LP called "Paradise Theater."  That was Styx most financially successful LP and a real gem amongst many. 
If you did nothing else the whole entirety of the Saturian project, that is enough.

and then there is one other thing I must mention first.  or second... it's Michel lead.  GodinQC lead is OFF THE CHARTS. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24