New Album from Kenny Mac and GodinQC - The Starturian Prophecy

Started by godinqc, October 26, 2022, 05:12:23 PM

godinqc

Kenny and myself have been working on an album for the last couple of months. It's a concept album about an alien invasion of the planet Starturian.
The album contains 9 songs and is called "The Starturian Prophecy".
We called our group "60 Light Years" since we both turned 60 this year .. :)
This was a great and joyful experience for both of us.
Also special thanks to Hook and Ella who did the narration and to my wife Shelly who did the album cover.
I included the link to the website below.
Let us know what you think, any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

Here's the link: 60 Light Years

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

I can't wait to hear it, my fellow sexagenarians.

But...

no-more-secret-songs.gif

Is there any way to download the whole album as MP3s? The WAV of first song is 88.2 MB. I'll slow down the entire Madagascan economy if I continue downloading the whole album this way.

EDIT: I managed to nab the MP3s used by the player on the website.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

thetworegs

Excellent production ...excellent narrating Hook....Loving that solo in dirupticators ....lovingKenny's vocals in the escape and those backing vocals really make the track.....overall production is a wow... throughly enjoying the Staturian ride so far.....the guitar work in new world is great.... Poor old Ravon has a lot of responsibility..... lost in the stars the acoustic and the droning synth really set the scene crescendoing with another excellent solo love that tone .....Hope another great track with an excellent emotional vocal ....Freedom... we've landed....an excellent piece of work from all those involved ...Bravo !

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

godinqc

Yes good point Ted, I left them as .WAV to keep the sound quality but I didn't realize that the .WAV would be so big to download. I will convert them later today to .MP3s and reload them into the site
Thanks for the feedback ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

Quote from: godinqc on October 27, 2022, 07:43:34 AMI will convert them later today to .MP3s and reload them into the site

I've already nabbed the MP3s, plus I tagged them and gave them nice filenames. I could send you a ZIP file (44.5 MB).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Hook

Guys this is really spectacular.  What a well told story. Kenny your vocals are so fucking powerful. What an accomplishment,  thanks for letting me be a part of this.
I'll take a file Ted.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

godinqc

Yes for sure, if you could send it via email or if it's too big we could transfer it via DropBox
Thanks
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

godinqc

Hook, I have to say that you did a phenomenal job with the narration .. it really brings a smooth transition into the songs.. Kenny came up with this great story line and lyrics .. and I agree Kenny's vocals are incredible (as his guitar playing) .. I've listened to this album about 100 times, so I know all the lyrics by heart now  ;D
Glad you like it ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

Quote from: godinqc on October 27, 2022, 08:21:19 AMYes for sure, if you could send it via email or if it's too big we could transfer it via DropBox

Check your SC inbox
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

kenny mac

Well ,what a magical site this is.
From one song we collaborated on to this.
I knew from that song there was something waiting to come out,like seeing something sticking out the sand and digging it out.
godinqc done a fantastic job,,,on everything and to have hook and piavi (Ella )on board was the icing on the cake.
Hook,my wife says you should be working for Disney doing voice overs maybe using this as part of a portfolio you could open up some new doors.
It's very humbling to hear the comments, I've never been a confident guy but songcrafters gave me a push.
Running alongside this I
was working on another album with old friends so work and life balance was hard but I looked forward every time to those files dropping in from godinqc, I shall miss that.