Dracula and F(r)iends (Halloween fest)

Started by Zoltan, October 26, 2022, 06:15:31 AM

Zoltan

Dracula and Friends v3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Halloween (banner image missing)

In the vein of Joy Division goes 80's. Or something...

Dracula and F(r)iends

The clocks strikes two
Minutes to midnight
When those fools
Are in control

CH:
Dracula and friends
Always brought us together
Like a stake through your heart
Stick in your eye
for the better
or worse

Have you count your blessings?
They're running short
For every weather
There's a storm
Building on

CH:
Dracula and friends
Always brought us together
Like a stake through your heart
Stick in your eye
for the better
or worse

Outro
We are the monster
We are to blame
We are the cannibal
We're human

(This is based on the backing track i uploaded a while ago. The vocals and lyrics are improvised and this resulted into a proper finglish sounding vocals! I was going to record the vocals again, but then i found an excuse: I'll blame Bela Lugosi!).

dracula-and-friends.jpg

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

Some reason I was expecting this to open with screaming distorted guitars don't know why but this is very nice and sets the mood perfectly well done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

personally this sounds pretty awesome.  I like dissonance.  This would be a smash hit on the radio.  when the drum beat, euro techno pop thing starts it completely changes the mood again.  This would make a smash dance tune where everyone is in their costumes dancing.  I can see it in my head.

that AI photo though i do find disturbing...

awesome job man

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

what does it say that I think this sounds awesome!  lol... it's lovely... love those keys... oh wait... did I already comment on this?  it's fun when you can't remember so well....

a few minutes ago I was sure I had left my keys at the Y (we took the wifes car).... I had forgotten that just moments before I had used them to unlock the house and hung them right behind the door where they go... hahaha.... it is just that my mind was in 3 other directions and the auto pilot knew what to do and that I had done it but.... Mr. in control part of the mind didn't notice because he was too busy thinking about other things... It's like I tell people that are looking for something they lost.. "It's right where you left it.".... always seems to help.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

There's a lot to say about this. The music calls for panic, but the vocal delivery is very calm and restrained. The contrast is unnerving.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

Just fantastic piece if dark rock!!!

I got a bit The Lords of New Church vibe...

This works!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR