Truss - Halloween

Started by ODH, October 25, 2022, 03:30:03 PM

ODH

Truss
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Halloween (banner image missing)

I wrote• this about seven weeks ago, on the day Liz Truss became our new prime minister. I wanted to give a voice to the horror and menace we were now facing. Turns out that the foreboding was well placed; she went on to single handedly destroy our country and even her supporters and backers couldn't stomach the excesses.

And then even before I could post the piece to the Halloween fest, the monster was slain. But who knows what fresh peril lies ahead?

British politics now moves faster than my songwriting. I can't keep up. I still have an unfinished track called No Confidence, the title of which inspired by the No confidence vote of Boris, before we were well and truly Trussed.

Anyway. Play loud in a darkened room. It's only short, much like Liz Truss' premiere-ship. 

•there's no actual writing involved in making pieces like this. It's an odd word to use.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

ah yes.... the witching hour has begun....

this defo nails that vibe... I could have sworn at one point I heard the ghost of the intro to Steve Millers "Fly Like An Eagle"....

as far as politics go I am sure you over across the pond are hearing how well it's going here with Joe Biden in as President.... seriously... I am sure you are hearing it's all good... ???  ???

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

In musical pictures expresses a feeling on the whole shit show of politics now, cool!
recorder
Boss BR-80

bruno

Whilst I don't think a single person could destroy a country in 6 weeks, as incompetent, useless and out of her depth as truss was - this track does sum up quite some angst. The purpose of music is to convey emotions, so well done.

It is a haunting piece, full of tension - so wouldn't be out of place in a horror movie, when reaching the climax of the movie. Cool track.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Zoltan

This ain't no Monster Mash, but i'm digging it. This is something more sinister and demonic! Conjuring images about the new Conjuring - British Politicians Made Me Do It! movie. Directed by ODH. You heard it here first!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SE

Wow, back for another listen, has anything changed,still an excellent listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

des0free

Sound track for a horror film there!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR