Sugar and Spice - feat. Kathy Shortt and Ray Brookes

Started by Ron D Bowes, October 25, 2022, 07:22:47 AM

Ron D Bowes

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Kathy, Ray and I formed a short (No pun intended) lived online band called Kathy and the Shortt-List. This was the first track we ever did. Kathy Shortt: Vocals, Ray Brookes: Blues Harp and me all guitars, bass and backing vocals. Music and lyric written by me.

Farrell Jackson

Good stuff Ron, Ray and Kathy Shortt! Love the harpin' and guitar tradeoffs, Ray and Ron! Kathy has an attractive tone to her voice. Love it but it was too short!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Jeez, this is going back a while, Ron but I do remember it. Great song and Kathy's vocal is stellar.
Ray Brookes

Pete C

Great song !  Would love to hear more from that band !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

cracks me up cuz I thought you were singing until I went back and read this... by then it was clear it was a lady... kind of reminds me a tad of Rossington Collins singers...
this rocks friggin hard man... even better than your other stuff... that is hard to beat...
whatever it is... I gotta have some more..... gotta have some more...some more...

reminds me of another Songcrafter that I heard here....       https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?msg=317260

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner