Big Ticket - A thetworegs and chapperz66 original

Started by chapperz66, October 17, 2022, 08:43:12 AM

chapperz66

01 - Paul Chapman - Big Ticket
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So - this is the first from the difficult second album.  This has been on the boil for several months and one thing or another has got in the way.  But here it is.

It started off with me attempting to put together something vaguely upbeat and - dare I say it - happy.  Trevor's vocals added a very important message and one which I imagine resonates with all of us music lovers.

It's the Lizzard People.  I knew it.....

Big Ticket

Is this the great event ,the one that stands out 
Do I have that ticket, that ticket to ride
I know I saw the, that final email telling me the ticket was ready to buy
I rang up quickly that phone began to ring
I kept my nerve steady and ready to sing
out those numbers from my card
I may as well have been singing to Besing
They was no chance
There was no way
All the tickets had been sold that day

How was I
to get one
how was I to hold one
All needed was a chance
Toehold
To hold that  ticket in my hand

Everyday day now
all I dream of
is told hold that ticket in my hand
Searching through the internet with sore fingers
Sore fingers on both of my hands
All tickets held by the agencies are triple triple the price and more
I can't understand
How did they get them
I was on time
I rang on the stroke of 9

Its not fair
I want a detective
A detective  out there to find out the truth
What happens to all those tickets that are sold by the venue
How did they get their hands on them
How do I
How do I
How do I get that big ticket in my hand
I want one
I need one
I just don't understand

Break

Its all a conspiracy
its the lizard people
That's who are doing it to me
I knew all along their all against me
They don't want me to hold that big ticket in my hand
I know I sound crazy
But its true
I bet David Icke knows what's going on
How about the Big G is he part of the conspiracy
Is that why they banned him
Has got all the tickets
Has he got mine
All I want
All I need
Is that big ticket in my hand
Please can I have one ?

As usual I had to rip it at a lower bit rate - if anyone wants to hear it a bit better quality, follow the link to Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/chapman-smith-collective/big-ticket?si=7a68a368dbdd4e99845f56b18279138b&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Ted

What vocal performance, Trevor!

This comes across like a song from a loony musical. As the song progressed, the images and manic action became increasingly vivid in my minds eye. Shot with a fisheye lens, showing a close up of the sweating, distraught protagonist as the madness escalates – pointing, blaming, accusing. People in the front row backing away slowly. The guitarist, bassist, and drummer look at each other, confused, as if to say, "This isn't what we rehearsed," but they play on like pros. Meanwhile the keyboardist quickly pulls up the "Paranoid Organ" patch, which only worsens the singer's state of mind.

You were aiming for something upbeat and happy? 

!@013
Better luck next time.

But excellent!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Does it say anything that I find it quite happy and uplifting?  This is just so fun...

first the soundtrack is so darned clean and clear... totally pro stuff.  There is that slight Kansas feel that I get in your tracks often Paul.  I happen to listen to them alot and so I notice this... but why not... they are/were such a great band. 

I can only imagine what you do with each and every track.  So much attention to perfection...
it paid off.

Of course then, the man who designed the Lizzrd people comes in with the vocals and lyrics... quite interesting story... and always such a great delivery from Trev..

Pro stuff men... big applause here...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

So well composed and arranged! Professional!

Trev's vocals are outstanding -as always!

Nice 70's proggy vibes are so tasty here.

Bravo guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Oh yeah, I'm getting a Meatloaf phrasing and performance with the vocals. Nice! The music is upbeat and has a happy vibe Paul, with a cool guitar solo! As mentioned, the keys do give it a Kansas vibe. I like it all!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

You guys never disappoint! The music is outstanding here, rock solid arrangement and groove. Stellar vocals Trevor, you are a natural rock n roll singer! Spectacular, edgy, prog pop sound with appropriately proggy lyrics. "I bet David Icke understands!"  ;)

StephenM

after hearing this many times now it is more and more fun every time.  I can hear the Uriah Heep/Deep Purple comps as well, and at the very start Alan Parsons Project.  Comps aside this is a fantastic track in every way.  There is so much going on.  With bands like Kansas they have up to 7 people in that band, but Paul pulls this stuff off all by himself...to place that backdrop for Trev's super works...

super little guitar solo in there too Paul!!!!  so good, and the way it comes out of it is really great...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Sounds desperate for that ticket!
Great production work.  Fun to listen to.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Mike_S

Gotta say all the hard work and persevering was worth it and you've got your reward, a bloody fine song. It does have a nod to that era of some of those great bands mentioned and I might just add Supertramp in there as I got a little bit of them in there somewhere. But it has it's own sound big time. Love the guitar riff and tone as well. Trev, sorry about the cliché, but you really did nail it with the vocal. The story is great and feels like it could work in some kind of concept album... excellent listen.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Progaliciouly outrageous. Bending my mind just enough not to hurt.
Rock me lizard people!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely