So Very Right-Original

Started by Johnbee, October 15, 2022, 07:18:37 AM

Johnbee

So Very Right 192
Time:
0:00
Volume:
When I'm in the middle of projects I sometimes like to go back and "rework" old stuff. I originally recorded this in March or April of 2014 and kind of forgot about it.  It was right after my first wife passed away and I was depressed and needed something to pick me up emotionally so I thought back on our best days together and came up with this.  The original recording left a lot to be desired in terms of quality so I remixed it this past week and made it shine a bit more.  I have better equipment now than I had in 2014 and I always keep and archive everything in a project in case I ever have an opportunity to make it better at any point in time.

Some notes-I'm not playing bass here.  That was my friend, Marc Halikas from New Jersey, but I am playing the acoustic guitar, my Martin D 18 which I've since retired because of health reasons it's not easy for me to play anymore.

Enjoy! :)

Sometimes it's hard to believe
Sometimes it's right
You take the worst of me now
and make it so very right
So very right

And sometimes it's hard to be sure
Some days so strange.
You take the worst of my day
and make it so very right
So very right

When you tell me that we can fly away to the sky
touching the heavens
Gives new meaning to everything I am
So very right
Here in your loving arms

When I tell you I hear beauty at the sound of your name
Glowing like wild fire
You give me such hope that everything can work out
So very right
Our love can never die

Sometimes it's hard to believe
Sometimes for sure
but you take the funk of my life
and make it so very pure
So very right

c 2014 John Bowen Music

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Geir

Beautiful song John. And this production sounds really good.

Nicely done!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

John, thank for sharing all about this, including your loss at that time.  It's a really special song.  Honestly it is an excellent side of your music life that I have not known until now.  There are hints at the JB that was to be musically, with the flute etc.  However, for me this has an absolute feel towards the great Moody Blues.  I am glad that you haven't allowed the fact you cannot play guitar these days to hamper your musical spirit!  That should serve as inspiration to us!
Got anything else like this?????

btw...the bass is great as well...and loved your vocals as usual... but these were alot more laid back!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A lovely song and lyrics , very touching story. Great relaxing melody and great music and vocals.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

maxit

Touching, sweet and very beautiful song, john ...
recorder
Audacity

BerryPatch

Love this track, the lyrics are truly straight from the heart here. The chord progressions are so rich in harmony and I love the addition of the softer Rhodes tones. Excellent work, I'm glad you finished this one off...

Johnbee

Hi, Geir, Steve, Darren, Maxit and Berry Patch.

Thanks so much for tuning in. :)

Quote from: StephenM on October 15, 2022, 04:29:48 PMGot anything else like this?????

Sure do.  Keep listening.  My next one is right up your alley.
;) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

Great production just love that introduction the guitar and Rhodes sound great together excellent track .....sorry to hear of your health issues

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

Love the organ moody blue feeling and your vocal are great with heartfelt feeling to them
Music not only lets us express feelings at times but also releases them too
Very nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

SE

Personal and excellent and produced so well.
Can hear what life brought to you, that you have now captured in a song, cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80