"In einem traum" a Google Translate original by Geir and Jarle

Started by Geir, October 14, 2022, 05:04:27 PM

Ella

So nice to hear you singing together and your Finnish sounds beautiful. Very good song for a peace.

Geir

Thank you all for your kind words!

It was a fun one to do. Google translate is really getting so good that the unintended funny parts are further apart than they used to be (at least as far as I can tell). The only miss in the English translation (and possibly also in the German) is the word "messer" that in the context means "chants" in English. Like a priest chants. But in Norwegian it is also used to mean preaching endlessly in a secular way. "A fair" in Norwegian is "en messe" which explains the wrong translation.

Quote from: des0free on October 15, 2022, 02:28:55 PMReally nice song and performances (and lyrics - the parts I could read...)!  Interesting choice to put in an array of multiple different languages.  Do you have an "original" version in just Norwegian - if you do, please post, I would love to hear that too!

The first verse an chorus is the complete lyrics in Norwegian.
The second v/c is the English translation of all the Norwegian lyrics
The third v/c is the German.
Then the chorus is sung in Finnish

The we use the lyrics from the chorus on the outro part in:
Norwegian/Italian
English/German
Norwegian/Finnish
English/Ukrainian

Quote from: Ted on October 18, 2022, 01:28:28 PMA world without guns? Clearly you didn't translate this into American English.
:
But what really sells it is the presence, confidence and tonal quality of your voice.
I guess it's British English:)

I must point out that we both sang. We did the parts we wrote (see first post) except I sang the chorus and for the outro Jarle sang the Norwegian and English and I butchered the other languages:)

Thank you to all who understood the attempts on the languages foreign to us. I'm really happy for the response from our Finnish friends!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........