Don't Mess With Parson Floyd (Instrumental)

Started by StephenM, October 10, 2022, 12:19:48 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Don't Mess With Parson Floyd-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I am working on a very different version of this with weird voices by some folks.

This started from a very different Casio keyboard part a week or more ago.. that got me going for an add on that I just could not let go of.  I found various drum parts off the Casio and added that to the keyboard parts.  Added Epiphone bass, Firehawk guitar (1 rhythm, 1 lead, doubled in band lab and effected and panned). 
This is one of the soundtracks to a movie idea I am working on, that Zoltan gave me the idea for. 

the movie is about a small town where everyone knows everyone but no one actually knows anyone.   It will have various locals acting their parts.  The main character is a weiner dog named Bobbie.  Bobbie is owned by the lady but Bobbie thinks he owns the lady.  So Bobbie gets fed up with his servants meal one night and runs off to find a better servant.  Of course the lady is heartbroken and puts Bobbies favorite pizza in the oven for him.  A man that loves the lady organizes a search party, but finally Bobbie comes home on his own, hungry and smelling the pizza.  He hadn't gone far but no one knew his hiding place, as he goes through these spells from time too time and has a hideout.  You see, Bobbie understands that when the lady feels bad she bends over backwards with better food for him and so his servant gets the message.  But when Bobbie gets home with his nose a bit in the air he is sure to tell his servant lady that he is not her mother and calls her a whiny something or other. 

LANDR-Don't Mess With Parson Floyd-Balanced-Medium.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Nicely constructed instrumental, Stephen with sinister overtones. This would be very effective as a movie soundtrack, especially for the one you describe above.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Some great sounds, you got a great feel of suspense. Some of those keyboard sounds are great. I had my foot tapping away. As for the story... you got a very playful imagination. A dog that likes pizza... well of course he does! :)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Very interesting and entertaining, I dig the twists and turns 
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Zoltan

This is very cinematic and also reminds me a lot of Mike Oldfield. The guitar playing and the harmony especially. The only thing that's needed is to find the resident Maggie Reilly. Would Hilary do the honours? Or do i have to...
Come to think of it. Has anyone here covered Everytime We Touch? I think i could do bad things with that :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

Cool compositions. Could definitely be used as a soundtrack for a movie or TV show. I always imagine that some soundtracks are made with music to fit the happenings on the screen by a super talented musician who is just watching the video and improvising/playing the music for it on the spot, maybe with occasional edits. I'll bet you're one of those types of people who would have the skills to be able to do that - adding every instrument one-by-one with rapidly improvised overdubs!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveB

Deffo lots of twists and turns, and that edge of underlying menace does get the skin creeping. Yep, it wouldn't be out of place as a sci-fi soundtrack. Well done to you.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

thetworegs

Well put together and as has been said very cinematic now I'm off to have a listen with the one with Zoltan on

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Mike Oldfield mentioned - agree with that!

Big sounding cinematic instrumental! Well done Stephen!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

Intriguing movie idea!  Can't wait to see it on Netflix.
Seriously, you seem to have a flair for this type of genre.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!