Sweet Miranda

Started by Ron D Bowes, October 05, 2022, 06:07:07 AM

Ron D Bowes

08 Sweet Miranda 128
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was obviously in a better frame of mind when I wrote this LOL. This is just a frothy bit of fun with a slight caribbean flavour and it was a blast to do. For anyone interested, I did all the voices for the party sound on the outro. It's from an earlier album of mine called "Old Dog, New Licks"

Blooby

That outro was cool, and the ending was a hoot.

Blooby

StephenM

digging the bass on this.  that scratchy rhythm guitar low down sounds really good.  Lyrics are interesting.  While the song does have a bit of a Jim Buffet vibe this is a Ron Bowes growling rock track to me, and I am glad.  So the song takes an interesting twist back to Bowes center line (from the almost Jay Ferguson sound) to a Creamy distorted fuzz lead over that killer bass sound, kind of southern but not totally...dig it alot...then the song goes back where it came from. 
Sounds like the view of Miranda from the veranda is quite lovely  :P  ;)

cool voice as well

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Excellent groove here, the bass really keeps things moving! Awesome vocals and a great hook here as well. Nice key change for the solo too and excellent lead playing all around here. The voices at the end work well as well!

Redler

Really nice groove on this song...simple and so catchy chorus here, I think I'm singing it all the day!

Enjoyable listening, Ron!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Nearly missed this one. Cool bass lines and nicely produced, Ron. A bit mellow for you perhaps but still has that distinctive sound and love the ending.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

The way this track begun sounded lazy like a sunday morning! And i like hearing easy going stuff like this while i'm sipping on my yoghurt.

The way the drums go "all out" in the guitar solo section was an interesting touch. It was kinda like you'd recruited Animal as the drummer for that part :) The song has a nice rolling groove, and those "eo eo" parts are real ear grabbers.

Cool stuff!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Cool song Ron. I'm actually listening to this as I'm drinking a rum and coke lol. It has a nice reggae style. Like those catchy AO AO Parts in the lyrics. The musics all great, a softer number for you.
Love the ending too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.