Everybody's Funky

Started by Ron D Bowes, October 01, 2022, 05:29:54 AM

Ron D Bowes

Everybody's Funky 128
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Continuing with my attempt to be cheerful under a barrage of crap things happening, I decided to step well outside my safety zone and funk it up. Did I spell that right? LOL

Pete C

You spelt it right !  Great song, reminds me of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in the chord structure, bass and the lead guitar which isn't a bad thing ! Well funked up  ;)

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

holy smokes dude!  another great side of the Mr. Bowes!!!  This is very cool and indeed funky...
I do like the RHCP comp that Peter used... I didn't hear that much of their stuff other than the highly played radio stuff..
what is cool is how this drifts toward center line on the lead break...

well, not that I would wish any difficulties upon you at least something really great came out of it! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Sometimes it takes a right turn to get back on track and this is one cool right turn you've taken Ron! I can hear the Chilli Peppers reference. The lead break takes me into Stones land and that is cool. I think you funked it good!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

It's like Give it Away played by illegal aliens. The bootleg Chilis so to speak! Fun stuff and certainly a new side of Ron :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

This is not the kind of music I normally listen to, with an exception being sometimes RHCP, but I enjoyed this a lot. It is great songwriting, and it takes talent to pull off those rapid fire vocals. Definitely a cool funky vibe going
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Wow Ron, this is awesome. I love the funky style. It's got that "Chili peppers", " Ian dury" vibe to it.
The guitars are really great. Love that reversed guitar solo. It seems you can do any style, great songwriting, vocals.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

guitarron

Wow that really is a lot words. They gel perfectly. Really like the psychedelic reverse lead. I hear a rhcp vibe. Nice work

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Another side of Ron D Bowes! Love the rap-style lyrics and that bass line is cooking. Nice guitar work too, Ron.
Ray Brookes

Trist

i thought i already commented on this one but i must of got side tracked, really love that break down section musically that is really great . nice funk rock rap vocal, soon you will be wearing your boxers above your jeans and covered in bling and trending on tik tok, :) enjoyable you put the fun in funky