Bishmanrock - The Shape

Started by Bishmanrock, September 27, 2022, 03:19:52 AM

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

A super (pro) mix and excellent performances!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Are all the musicians  songcrafters?
Nice production and song.

Redler

To my ear this has pleasant prog rock from the 70's. Excelkent work on each way!

Special thanks for the real drums; the tone is warm...well played, too.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Everything that's already been said.

I'm curious about what's the onward journey for this?  You surely didn't do all that just to share here?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Blooby

Love the background vocals and overall arrangement. Really liked that first solo. I never to think to grab a harmonizer, but I will rethink that in the future. The sparseness of the verses really let that piano come through. Cool cymbal work as well.

Hands on the tuna good.

Blooby

Bishmanrock

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: kenny mac on September 29, 2022, 12:17:03 PMAre all the musicians  songcrafters?

Just myself, the rest are either musicians in my circle, or musicians brought in specifically for this project where I needed to plug the gaps. I do mention Songcrafters to people, sadly they're often pretty happy in their own circles or not interested in forums. Shame.

Quote from: ODH on September 30, 2022, 02:33:19 AMI'm curious about what's the onward journey for this?  You surely didn't do all that just to share here?

This is one of seven tracks intended for an album release. Hoping to release publicly via Spotify, Apple Music, etc. in December, but we'll see if I manage to stick to that timeframe or not!

recorder
Cubase

Johnbee

Interesting.  An "international band".  Great to have so much influence from different parts of the globe.  Fantastic production.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Pru

a masterclass in production methinks. fabulous songwriting and clarity in every instrument.

Ron D Bowes

Sounding great. Dramatic stuff. Well produced. Love the piano riff. Cool job.